1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

^ nice work on the ravello boots!
    Thanks, I darkened the sole trim a little for better contrast but all praise is due Alden!

2. borderline

borderline Senior member

Anyone hear anything about the Leffot Ravello LWB order? I was told "Spring" arrival which probably could mean anything between now and June...Anyone else get in on that one? Here's Mac's version: [​IMG]

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?
    I wear mine with Nudie Slim Jim and I think they work well together.

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?

Something with a slight taper, like a Samurai 710, should look fine, but I don't think the Indys would work well with significantly tapered jeans like the N&F Weird Guy.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Anyone hear anything about the Leffot Ravello LWB order?

Have not gotten the call yet.

6. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

Forgive the plebe/small question here....
    I am considering a couple pair on the Shoemart irregular emailing and wasn't 100% about something. When it refers to the color as "shell"....I imagine it means cordovan leather?
    I am unsure as to some of the pricing differences and imagine it would be a result of lasts, popularity, leather quality/expense?

But, "shell" undoubtably refers to cordovan, correct?

I also noticed that "color 8" is also more expensive....

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I am considering a couple pair on the Shoemart irregular emailing and wasn't 100% about something. When it refers to the color as "shell"....I imagine it means cordovan leather?
    I am unsure as to some of the pricing differences and imagine it would be a result of lasts, popularity, leather quality/expense?

Yes, you're correct. From the Shoemart 2nds I've seen, #8 and black are the only shells available. These 2 would be the easiest to find of all shells.

8. rick

rick Senior member

shell is shell cordovan

#8 is a color of shell cordovan so yes its more expensive.

the price difference is due to the shoe being shell cordovan or calf.

welcome to the thread

9. rick

rick Senior member

Yes, you're correct. From the Shoemart 2nds I've seen, #8 and black are the only shells available. These 2 would be the easiest to find of all shells.

i have seen ravello, and cigar from time to time, but they sell very very quickly.

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

anyone heard anything further from Alden of DC about the possible order of the ravello medallion captoe on the plaza last?

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I've seen Ravello, Whiskey, and Cigar shell on the Shoemart Alden 2nd emails. Taking into consideration that i've only been onthe email list for 3 months i'd say you may have some sucess at picking up some of the rare colors if you want them.

12. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

there was a pair of whiskey LHS in my size sitting on the 2nds list for at least a month or so. I've seen all the colors on that list, there were even 2 #4's a few months ago. I doubt those will ever be seen again though.

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone heard anything further from Alden of DC about the possible order of the ravello medallion captoe on the plaza last?
    only that she was gathering names to put an order in. no idea if shes still getting names or if the order is through yet. someone should call ... not it

14. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I own a pair of whiskey shell LHS purchased as seconds from Shoemart, and I've seen another pair in 8.5 or 9 available recently, so they do crop up from time to time. I can't say I've seen much cigar or ravello on the seconds list, though it must happen.

15. commodorewheeler

I've seen cigar, whiskey, and ravello in my short time (2 months) on the seconds list. Just ordered a pair of whiskey plain toe boots from the seconds list today, I hope they work out.

16. marg

marg Senior member

ups tracking just confirmed delivery of my new whiskey lwb...can't get out of work fast enough!

17. ducatisteve

ducatisteve Member

Does anyone know if J.Crew stopped carrying their Indy boot? When I search their site all they show are a couple bluchers.

18. commodorewheeler

Does anyone know if J.Crew stopped carrying their Indy boot? When I search their site all they show are a couple bluchers.

No, they still have them, they just take them down from the website during sales.

19. fridayguy

fridayguy Member

Looking for a casual summer shoe- does anyone have the Camp Moccs? If so, any brief endorsements or pictures?

20. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

ups tracking just confirmed delivery of my new whiskey lwb...can't get out of work fast enough!

Where did you buy them from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.