• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you folks are talking about. Here's an iPhone 6 photo of my
Ashland ruby shell wallet

Well there's no photo.
biggrin.gif

I have been struggling as well with the new IOS and Styleforum.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Is it possible to ascertain the last of a shoe from the number info printed on the inside? I'm familiar w/ style # and size of course, but there are some other numbers as well.

I picked up some very lightly used flex welt chukkas which are def not Barrie, but fit much narrower/shorter in the toe box than my Leydon LWBs in the same size. Is this typical (have not tried on the flex welt chukkas before)? Or is it possible they could some other, narrower last? The toe does seem more visually narrow than my LWBs too--almost Abeerdeen like...

TIA for any info

Oboy, what is the style number?

The three numbers printed in the shoe are the size, style number, and run number. The run number consists of the production date, order number, and pair number within the run. There is no info there about the last. Only from the style number can you learn the last according to what I know and that requires someone knowing it. If no one here does, just E-mail Alden and they will tell you.

-Mike

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish he'd buy in on sizes larger than 11 sigh

I got 13D in Ravello, but it did require 1/2 down in advance.

See Ya,
Steve

Same here, only 12D. I can understand him not going larger than 11 on stock though. I had a hell of a time trying to sell my J. Crew #8 PCT boots in 13D.

I can wear between 12d/e and 13d/e depending on last so if you gents are ever looking to sell something or need people to go in on a special order let me know. I might be game.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
iOS 8 upload problem is related to Safari. This was uploaded using chrome.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ So I would have to access SF via chrome to be able to post pics? Not a huge deal, but not something I really want to do. Oh well.

Sorry, guys. You all know what shoes I have by now. haha

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chrome looks like crap on iOS 8 though. They really need to optimize for the larger screens

totalair1

Reaction score
Same here, only 12D. I can understand him not going larger than 11 on stock though. I had a hell of a time trying to sell my J. Crew #8 PCT boots in 13D.

I would have gladly bought those boots if I did not already have them!

See Ya,
Steve

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Where are those Snuff PT on Commando from!?
Originally Posted by zippyh /img/forum/go_quote.gif iOS 8 upload problem is related to Safari. This was uploaded using chrome.
Leather Sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads