1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashing

nashing Member

I placed a successful order and they emailed me a few minuets later saying it was "declined."

Shortly after this post, they called me and said it was a credit card issue, so apparently, my order is going through with the 30% discount.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

ditto @LA Guy

3. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I was quickly acquiring a rather huge collection of Aldens but I grew tired of the near impossible struggle to get makeups.

1. The lead times are crazy long ... Almost two years for some cigar I just let go.
    2. You cannot be confident in what you get from them and it's basically a take it or leave it approach.
    3. They really do not listen to the VOC .. Having essentially no communication forum outside complaining to vendors. The vendors really have no control over the process either.

When my Ryden boots come in, it will likely be the last preorder I do for some time.

1 person likes this.
  4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

compared to literally every other online community I've seen / been a part of, this is easily the most polite and well mannered

1 person likes this.
  5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

6. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

+1

7. jet

jet Senior member

something like that

Thank you sir, that reverse chamois boot is pretty great. Now not sure if I want captoe or plain or chamois or suede. Problem is I am stuck with what is currently for sale (mostly out of stock) and not exactly what I want.

8. Don L

Don L Senior member

OC Ocho WTB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I am fine with all the thread suggestions but really feel an Alden Sizing Thread would be very helpful and end the endless banter about sizing for all, newbies and verterans alike. Just a simple reference to the Alden Sizing Thread. The sizing questions just take up soo much of the thread I just skip along till DonL, Mike and others posts sometime awesome. My 2 cents...

10. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

[​IMG]

EP Innsbruck Indys

2 people like this.
  11. shoelover

shoelover Senior member

Where is the "seconds sale" that everyone keeps referencing?

12. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

members only club called the TSM

not everyone gets in

VIPs get first crack

13. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

After reading all of this, I am slightly concerned about the Ryden boot coming in to spec. For example, if they came in with black edging and/or with black eyelets, that would negate the whole appeal of the boots (to me). But I shouldn't get all worked up about something that hasn't happened yet.

15. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

+1

16. Hill

Hill Senior member

Hoping for some sizing advice for the plaza last. I'm an 8D barrie and recently ordered the Bristol boot from Leffot in a 7.5E. I can feel my outer toes pushing against the inside of the boot, just slightly. This isn't a sensation I get with other Alden lasts, so I'm wondering if this is the way the plaza last should fit or if I should size up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the sizing question and not a picture of some awesome shoes.

17. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

Traditionally plaza should go TTS.

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Picked up this slightly used, partially sun faded AE cordovan belt on ebay for $85. I am really quite pleased with it and cannot wait to wear it the next time I break out something color 8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Fantastic!!

1 person likes this.
  20. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Broke down and ordered the Frans Boone #8 CT boot on Grant last with brass eyelets.
    The 13E was lonely and needed a good home. It's my only brass eyelet Alden and since they won't be made in shell with brass eyelets anymore I figured I should get them.

Some awesome photos on SF lately...Congrats to all.

Steve

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.