1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

?

2. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never take pictures of my clothes/shoes with a proper camera. Really puts the iPhone to shame! Thought I'd share these. Love how they clean up.

2 people like this.
  3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

4. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Maiden voyage of B&M grant WT. both natural and indoor lighting.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Ravello Friday. WTB x TSM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Ah - If the site will bear with me, Wounded Warriors is a charity that helps veterans who have been wounded - there were many who have lost a leg or arm, and more than a few multiple. I live in North Carolina, fairly close to a number of military bases. My company has held several events where we donated PC's/tablets/etc. to them/their families and talked about technology. All I can say is reading about them was profoundly different than actually meeting them and getting a small glimpse of what these men and women (and of course their families - many of them had wives/children) are dealing with. It is an organization worth supporting: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thanks Mac for a reminder.

7. Bruce-YVR

Bruce-YVR Active Member

The wait is OVER!!!! 3 years later... the eagle has finally landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just going to display this for a few days or weeks before I even put it on :)

Living in the WEsT Coast ... I have to TOPY this baby :)

Merry Christmas!!!

Bruce
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  8. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

Three years of waiting?? With an buildup like that, can you share some details? :)

9. Bruce-YVR

Bruce-YVR Active Member

Its the LSH #8 Pitt Boot... apparently it was big shortage of Cordovan :)

10. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

outstanding shell and shine sir. well done.

11. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

They look great. The window will significantly lighten them, but it may take a month depending on exposure.

12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

What is the Window Method? Do you just rotate them a quarter turn every day for a month or two?

13. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

You just expose them to as much sunlight as possible in effort to fade the dye of the shell and lighten its overall color. It's not a practice that's actively advocated for or encouraged...akin to breaking in a baseball mitt by sticking it in the oven.

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

Arriving on Tuesday!!!! :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

just received these boots from ShoeMart yesterday, they are surprisingly lighter than the other latest color8 pics I have seen here as well as my Jcrew PCT.

Sizing wise, I had to go to 10.5D in these (Aberdeen last), though I take 9.5D on LWB and 10D on jcrew PCT.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Love the Leffot #8 wingtip boot on Plaza. I'm a 7E/7.5D Barrie and 8D/E on Grant. Do you all think I can take a 7.5E in Plaza?

17. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Just got these in earlier in the week and got them out for their maiden voyage last evening. Perhaps not surprisingly, they were my first Alden purchase when I pre-ordered from Leffot, but I acquired two other pair before they got here!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  18. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Like I said, really pining for these. Totally tops!

19. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Does anyone enough about how the factory works to explain why a particular color 8 makeup takes so long? In three years, countless runs of stock and special color 8 have dropped. Why the wait for these?

It's a beautiful boot--lots of clean, unbroken cordovan real estate.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@Alpina....my guess is it is a variety of factors....from some vendors getting pre-approved for styles then taking the orders(for any size) then submitting the order to get it in t he que...clearly there has to be some form of prepayment to Alden I would think....then there are dealers that order a style, get approved, put it into production then take orders with limited sizes available....then of course the the regular line of items for stockists that for any brand would take precedent.

Alden certainly is not going to stop a standard run of 300 pairs of a model to get to their retailers to run a group of 14 boots through for a vendor. Of course I can be completely wrong on everything and they flip a coin to decide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.