• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice........Who carries the chukka on the Barrie? My foot's too wide for the Leydon and I'd love to give it a shot. Thanks..........

Snuff barrie on Crepe was a jcrew makeup.

forgetting the working on your feet and needing two for rotation etc..if you had to pick 1 color between the two that you would wear with winter casual..grey, olive, navy, dark bordeaux, khaki cords and chinos would the snuff be the choice?

Snuff...definitely I like them both but the tan on flexwelt get much less wear than the snuff. For me snuff is a 3.5 season color while tan is less versatile. My only gripe is that the crepe is so heavy compared to the unlined leydon version and don't pack as small. But that's more an issue for packing/traveling than wearing. I've picked up some Rancourt suede chukkas with a crepe-like sole and they were so much lighter than the Barrie/crepe version.

I'll look into B. Nelson resoling my crepe with something lighter when the time comes. It'll be a few years own the road.

Royteane

Reaction score
I have White's boot Smokejumper in brown and looking for my first Shell Cordovan shoe for a bit dressier. Please advice which model to start with, but not black only cigar and #8.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff barrie on Crepe was a jcrew makeup.

Snuff...definitely I like them both but the tan on flexwelt get much less wear than the snuff. For me snuff is a 3.5 season color while tan is less versatile. My only gripe is that the crepe is so heavy compared to the unlined leydon version and don't pack as small. But that's more an issue for packing/traveling than wearing. I've picked up some Rancourt suede chukkas with a crepe-like sole and they were so much lighter than the Barrie/crepe version.

I'll look into B. Nelson resoling my crepe with something lighter when the time comes. It'll be a few years own the road.

Thanks that is what I thought however my fashion sense is limited. I have the Rancourt sand Chukka from the clearance that Club Monaco ran and I think it is constructed beautifully but I know I want a snuff Chukka so I can not see me wearing the sand..I have to say though for only $137 I am tempted to just keep the damn thing.

If I get the Chukka I want in Brown CXL or Shell I may get Snuff boots instead.

Skatenc123

Reaction score
If anybody is on the fence about selling a brown shell wingtip boot in 8.5 or 9 depending on maker. Please PM me. Would prefer something besides leather sole.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That color 4 looks very similar to Ravello in some lights. I dig that shade as it seems less red

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

That color 4 looks very similar to Ravello in some lights. I dig that shade as it seems less red

I was actually thinking the same thing. That is a nice shade of 4.

rick

Reaction score

Today UPS was busy helping me get ready for Winter.... The cigar shells from Alden D.C. arrived today....

along with a pair of Alpine Grain cap toe boots I had ordered last week.....

all ready for Winter....

Where did you get those captoe

thams

Reaction score
Speaking of DC Cigar CT boots -- broke these out yesterday for the first time in a while. Trying to get some wear on them. I prefer boots to have a nice lived in look, especially in cigar shell.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have these snuff suede parajumpers from Frans Boone?

http://www.fransboonestore.com/coll...x-frans-boone-snuff-suede-parajumper-boots-22

They are going to be damn near $700 after shipping at the current exchange rate. Would like to see some real world pics of 'em if possible.

I justordered something similar from BB that you may want to check out. Plain toe and crepe sole are primary differences but the price difference is significant.

Good Night, I hope that you all had an awesome conclusion to your week... I decided to go out with a bang, Raw Denim and Color #4. -Mike
Amazing Mike. All of your posts are enjoyable but this is amazing. Nicely done.

Last edited:

lewisod

Reaction score
#4 very nice, a little more orangey than ravello---- very wearable not Dorothy slippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads