Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello nst

2. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Fellas,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a pair of Ravello Shell boots from Epaulet. The con is that you can't return them and you have to pay in full upon ordering. I don't really mind to be honest. However, their pics make the shoes look quite a bit reddish...can any Ravello Shell owners post up pictures please?

I thank you in advance, but my wallet probably won't be thanking much. [​IMG]

Trust me, you won't regret it. here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

3. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

These are my first pair of Aldens so I didn't know much of what to expect from them. I bought them back in October, and all that I knew was that they looked nice and were handcrafted--therefore being durable to the point of achieving 'lifetime-lasting' status. Luckily, the post holiday blizzard in NY gave me a great chance to see exactly how durable they were.

October? Of 1812? I think they look great, but that's an incredible amount of wear in a few months. I can't even tell what the leather and finish were originally. But you can care for them now, with conditioner, trees, polish and a few days rest between wearings, and they'll serve you for a long time. Just not a lifetime at this rate. (Unless you happen to be in your late nineties.)

6. banis

banis Senior member

Alden in Mahagony grain shell. It would look great made as boots. Why grain shell is so rare?
    [​IMG]
    (c)

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Here are some shoes not seen on this thread very often. I picked up a pair of used Alden 909s (black semi-brogues) yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

Alden in Mahagony grain shell. It would look great made as boots. Why grain shell is so rare?
    [​IMG]
    (c)

Looks like shiny basketball leather [​IMG]

9. rick

rick Senior member

My collection is pretty random. I might upload a picture tonight if I can finish my homework on time.

6 pairs of Aldens so far. Would've been 7, but I returned the NWT back to Shoemart for falsely advertising them as Barrie last.

Indy 405, Number 8 cap toe boot, Winn Perry pebble grain cap toe boot, cigar shell LWB, J. Crew's tan LWB, dark brown/burgundy pebble grain wing tip boot.

In no particular order for the upcoming purchases in '11: monk straps, black cap toe bluchers, and some whiskey type.

i am very jealous of you that you have homework to finish and can afford aldens. LOL.

10. borderline

borderline Senior member

20% off Alden's including Cordovan Color 8 Longwing. At checkout, type "SF20"

http://tonythetailoronline.com/Bench...twear_c102.htm

Tried the code out and it works. Not much of a selection, but now I want above stated shoe [​IMG]

I really need to stop reading this thread.

11. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay: Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller.

12. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Got some #4/black saddles here at LSW. If you're interested contact me directly. Only small sizes left (9D and under).

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

So I have recently discovered that the Barrie last just doesn't work for me. The straight last just doesn't jive with my foot. I have found the best lasts for me are the Hampton and Aberdeen. With that being said what are people's thoughts on the Leydon?

14. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

So I have recently discovered that the Barrie last just doesn't work for me. The straight last just doesn't jive with my foot. I have found the best lasts for me are the Hampton and Aberdeen. With that being said what are people's thoughts on the Leydon?

Leydon is like a smaller version of the Barrie.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Got some #4/black saddles here at LSW. If you're interested contact me directly. Only small sizes left (9D and under).

sounds like perfect spring shoe ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.