***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countrygent

countrygent Senior member

Quick question:

If I wear 7.5D Plaza , is that approx = 7D Barrie?

Thanks.

2. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Quick question:

If I wear 7.5D Plaza , is that approx = 7D Barrie?

Thanks.

Generally, yes. YFMV.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Fellas,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a pair of Ravello Shell boots from Epaulet. The con is that you can't return them and you have to pay in full upon ordering. I don't really mind to be honest. However, their pics make the shoes look quite a bit reddish...can any Ravello Shell owners post up pictures please?

I thank you in advance, but my wallet probably won't be thanking much. [​IMG]

4. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Anyone in LA want Aldens at cost? I'm accepting resumes for PT sales at LSBH. [​IMG]

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

These ravellos look great but cigar is the best, imo.
    I'm on the verge of buying the cigar LWB. [​IMG] I don't have to wear a suit everyday to work but I do have to wear nice wool pants and a tie...have any of you seen or do you wear them with wool pants or a suit? What color pants look great with the cigar? Is there another color or style of shoe that works better with wool pants and a tie? I was thinking I would buy a black pair of LWB's but I would rather find a sleeker shoe in black. I know the cigar looks great with jeans.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Fellas, I'm thinking about pre-ordering a pair of Ravello Shell boots from Epaulet. The con is that you can't return them and you have to pay in full upon ordering. I don't really mind to be honest. However, their pics make the shoes look quite a bit reddish...can any Ravello Shell owners post up pictures please? I thank you in advance, but my wallet probably won't be thanking much. [​IMG]
    You sure they're still available for pre-order? In the item description reads the following: "It is available for preorder until Dec 28th."

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You sure they're still available for pre-order? In the item description reads the following: "It is available for preorder until Dec 28th."

Yes, I called Adene this morning and she confirmed that it is still available for pre-order....they extended the time line.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Yes, I called Adene this morning and she confirmed that it is still available for pre-order....they extended the time line.
    Oh, nice! Did she say when they're extending it until?

9. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Anyone in LA want Aldens at cost? I'm accepting resumes for PT sales at LSBH. [​IMG]
    So in essence you're offering to pay someone only to take their money back immediately?[​IMG]

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm on the verge of buying the cigar LWB. [​IMG]

I don't have to wear a suit everyday to work but I do have to wear nice wool pants and a tie...have any of you seen or do you wear them with wool pants or a suit? What color pants look great with the cigar? Is there another color or style of shoe that works better with wool pants and a tie? I was thinking I would buy a black pair of LWB's but I would rather find a sleeker shoe in black. I know the cigar looks great with jeans.

I don't wear suits period and I do fine with the Aldens I have, the cigar LWB's being one of them.

Black LWB's would be pretty hard to work with, this is why black is the last Alden's on my list as of now.

Cigar is a dark brown color and is a very versatile color. I even wear my LWB's with jeans, t shirt, and a cardigan on lazy days.

11. rockoffer

rockoffer New Member

I have a pair of brand new in box cordovan tassel loafers (code 664) 9.5C in black shell cordovan with full box, bags, etc.
    Please pm me if anyone has any interest in them .. they do not fit me well.
    I do not have access to the buy/sell page as Im new here.

12. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

Fellas,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a pair of Ravello Shell boots from Epaulet. The con is that you can't return them and you have to pay in full upon ordering. I don't really mind to be honest. However, their pics make the shoes look quite a bit reddish...can any Ravello Shell owners post up pictures please?

I thank you in advance, but my wallet probably won't be thanking much. [​IMG]

Takes the danger out of retailing doesn't it.

13. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

So in essence you're offering to pay someone only to take their money back immediately?[​IMG]

Ha ha, probably if I hired someone from SF.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Oh, nice! Did she say when they're extending it until?
    Until this Sunday.

I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Looked at the pictures on Shoemart and they seem cool enough. I got charged for it and will pay for it when I get my statement. By the time the shoes come in, I'll forgot about it and it will be like I got free shoes. [​IMG]

A part time job at LS will be a great gig for a bored college student. I'd jump on it if I was still an undergrad with no job.

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Until this Sunday.

I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Looked at the pictures on Shoemart and they seem cool enough. I got charged for it and will pay for it when I get my statement. By the time the shoes come in, I'll forgot about it and it will be like I got free shoes. [​IMG]

A part time job at LS will be a great gig for a bored college student. I'd jump on it if I was still an undergrad with no job.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses this logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.