• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of Alden chukkas in Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar shell. Are they made in those colors? Any idea where I might be able to find them in an 11D? I know they're rare!
they are made in all of those colors. try calling alden sf, dc and ny and see if they have any in stock, or else when the next run may be. you can add yourself to the list.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
One more question about chukka sizing. I have two pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last in 11D, and both slip a little in the heel. I have a low volume foot and a narrow heel. The DC store has a Ravello chukka in both 11D and 10.5D, and since they don't have many laces, I'm considering ordering them in 10.5D. Can anyone comment on whether that size in the chukka might work for a low-volume foot with a narrow heel? I have some room in the toe of my 11D Barrie last shoes.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cigar indy
argyles otc
2clbt5.jpg

Lovely, you own a lot of dark shoes and boots, you must live in a very cool climate. Excellent presentation as always. People take notice of cuffed trousers/slacks please... IVY is timeless...

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more question about chukka sizing. I have two pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last in 11D, and both slip a little in the heel. I have a low volume foot and a narrow heel. The DC store has a Ravello chukka in both 11D and 10.5D, and since they don't have many laces, I'm considering ordering them in 10.5D. Can anyone comment on whether that size in the chukka might work for a low-volume foot with a narrow heel? I have some room in the toe of my 11D Barrie last shoes.
What you probably really need is a C width.

what whale

Reaction score
There are more than 2 criteria to see if a shoe fits.
Brannock uses 3, but the shortcoming is with volume and instep height.
http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/instructions.html

There's not a correct amount. It's based on your own feet. Like bkotsko linked, it varies due to the different measurements. My heel-to-toe Brannock size is about 12.6, my heel-to-instep is 13, and my width is C. I have 12D Barrie shoes and boots that fit fantastically and have about a thumb width of space. I have 13D AEs in their 5-last, and the amount of space is closer to a thumb width and a half, but it's the right size for my instep.

Thanks guys. I'm wearing a pair of 10.5D Barrie PTBs which are comfortable and seem to fit correctly (based on what I'd read from the above) but I have slightly more toe-box room than I'm used to. About a thumb width on my right foot, a shade over that on my (smaller) left foot.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Trying to confirm this is my best size.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm wearing a pair of 10.5D Barrie PTBs which are comfortable and seem to fit correctly (based on what I'd read from the above) but I have slightly more toe-box room than I'm used to. About a thumb width on my right foot, a shade over that on my (smaller) left foot.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Trying to confirm this is my best size.
I have a longer arch length, so I always have toe room.

REguy

Reaction score
For anyone with a taste for blue suede semi-brogues, Epaulet is blowing out pairs on the Hampton for $281.25. Use discount code: Summer-Sale-Extra-Discount

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone with a taste for blue suede semi-brogues, Epaulet is blowing out pairs on the Hampton for $281.25. Use discount code: Summer-Sale-Extra-Discount

Thank you my friend! I just bought my first pair of Rivet Chinos on sale. (hope that was okay to use the code)

REguy

Reaction score
It works on all sale items. I grabbed a pair of Vass for $418. Pretty amazing deal.

Disco Volante

Reaction score
I'll take better pics very soon, as well as an Alden family pic. I wanted to share my excitement for my first Cordovan experience. UPS just dropped off these wonderful AF53 boots! (I'm a boot guy)

-Color 8
-Trubalance
-Speed hooks
-Commando sole

intensanity

Reaction score
I don't know who jdsasso is (if any of you) but Damn he has such a great collection. Few minutes of IG stalking: color 4 CTs, Viberg color 8s, and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads