1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good shine on your ravello st boot

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    king wt boot
    argyles otc

5 people like this.
  3. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Is it possible that different boots from different Alden distributors on the same last fit different?

I recently got some 4075H black cap toe boots from Alden of San Fransisco and the 9D on the barrie last on these fit me perfect. However when I try on the JCrew Color 8 cordovan boots in the 9D on the same barrie last, they are very tight and the 9.5D on these is what is comfortable on me.

Thoughts?

4. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Oh boy!

[​IMG]

5. fal32

fal32 Senior member

Not the Barrie Jr. Last debate.... [​IMG]

6. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Must...resist...responding... [​IMG]

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

I apologize.. Did not realize that was discussed at length here.. In my defense, there are just so many posts on this thread it is really difficult to keep track of the posts unless you frequent this thread on a daily basis.

8. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Don't be sorry. They are just giving you a hard time.
    Someone just brought it up last week is all.

9. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

don't be sorry. your feet are never wrong. if it feels that way, then it is true.

10. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Cigar Chukka 13132 Antique welt and edge trim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Well...its been debated big time on this forum and basically its like looking up a dead horses butt. I own a lot of Alden boots, non JCrew and JCrew. Many will say they fit differently and many say they fit the same. I don't want to fuel the debate. I will say I take the same size on all barrie lasts from whomever I get my boots from. However I also do think there is some variance and that for some a 1/2 size up from their normal barrie size might be necessary, and it's also possible there is variance among any run of boots/shoes even for non JCrew make ups. There's no fixing this, but I think everyone can agree regardless of size buy what fits your foot and is comfortable!

Steve

1 person likes this.
  12. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

My eBay cigar Indys arrived. I'm pleased!

Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  13. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Awesome make-up Mike. I agree with others that (for me) the #2 totally works with the LHS and darker edge

14. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Speaking of dead horses... JCrew PCT Boots today
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. gforce

gforce Senior member

I bought the same boots there and I found them to fit a little narrower than a usual D width Barrie boot which worked well for me....I'm in between C and D barrie.... I also tried on 2 pairs of 10.5 C PTB and one pair was definitely wider than the other. They are are hand made shoes, and some variance is to be expected in my experience.

16. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Awesome acquisition. Enjoy them.

17. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

@totalair1 @bkotsko @Akeem and @gforce Thank you..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  18. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Many people have experienced the same thing.

It's my personal opinion that the flat welt (vs the reverse welt) does something to make it a bit tighter. I also had to get the JCrew version TTS vs all my other barrie shell boots which are a half size down.

I heard that the Leffot flat welt tanker on Barrie has the same affliction. I'll know more when I get it.

19. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Speaking of the PCT - I am returning my 8D pair today to J.Crew. It's flawless, but I've never worn them and have too many Color 8 boots.

Not sure how long it takes for them to appear online in inventory again, but keep an eye out if you're interested.

For reference, I sized mine the same as all Barrie boots and shoes and didn't have any issue when I tried them on for size. Never walked in them or creased them, obviously.

Side note - J.Crew has excellent customer service.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  20. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

Do the latest batch of color #8s have a darker (almost cigar when out of direct sunlight) hue compared to the traditional color #8 eggplant tone? Asking because my Leffot Naval boot has three times as much wear vs the JCrew PCT. However, the PCTs are more patina'd and are a shade lighter. The new AOM tankers look to be this darker shade of color #8 too. Hopefully, the Leffot tankers are lighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.