1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleViti

LittleViti Senior member

After a failed attempt to fit/break in a pair of 986 LHS I'm in the process of a potentially failed attempt to break in/fit the unlined BB LHS--any advice on a comparable pair of cordovan LHS that don't have the issues of a low vamp/tight instep inherent to the Van last (doesn't necessarily have to be Alden)?

Thanks!

2. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Cigar (on Modified) to go with the Whiskeys
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Keep in mind this is the last of the Frans Boone Parajumpers. If you don't see your size available, you're out of luck since they will not be restocked.

I recommend the PCT in grant last - http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...d-4060_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

4. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

@shoelover ^^This is exactly what I thought when I thought of "versatile color 8 boot". If you can swing the FB jumper with brass then that would be great, too. Good luck!

5. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

I have been eyeing these up for a long time, and while I've come around to the speedhooks over customizing a standard 4060, I am still a little apprehensive about the double leather sole when I plan to use these a lot walking around NYC. I have found some talk about this issue, but not too much. Does it make sense to pull the trigger on these and have a toppy/recessed toe tap installed? Would that impact Alden's restoration service down the road?
    If one does go with the toppy route, is that best to do right away or wear in the shoes a while?

I don't have a lot of experience with leather soled shoes outside of the ones I wear exclusively for the office, which don't see much street wear (change into other shoes for commuting).

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

not sure if they are new or not, but this brown calf plaza boot from shoemart is looking nice.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Not that new but seriously overlooked. If Leffot offered those they'd be gone in 5 minutes.

8. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

^ not new but I've always liked that one.

9. 89826

89826 Senior member

Try a wider width in the Brooks loafer.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

A few retailers are carrying this now. I saw it at DC, NY, and obviously TSM. When I was in DC a guy came in a bought them. I think its a boot Alden is offering as a "stock non-stock" style. They're very nice in person. Personally, I prefer a 360 degree welt but still nice nonetheless.
    Edit: maybe I just noticed them recently

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I tried the Van LHS, Aberdeen full-strap and Grant penny and found the grant lasted loafer to be the most comfortable.

2 people like this.
  12. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Great boots. Where'd you score this makeup?

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey ptb
    argyles otc

6 people like this.
  14. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

I got them 2nd hand / I believe they are from Anatomica

15. Salad

Salad Senior member

Saw these on SM too but no 9.5. I was searching for a Plaza lasted boot and these fit the bill. They also have a Plaza last Indy that look good too. If they did a Plaza last cap toe in dark brown grain I'd be all over that.

16. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Thanks

17. thromb

thromb Senior member

I totally agree. My grant-lasted loafers are the most comfortable and fit the best across the vamp without having to go up a width!

1 person likes this.
  18. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

CXL Plain Toe Beaters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  19. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Great shots as usual Sir!

20. aldennoob

aldennoob Senior member

i dont like put topy on leather sole and i got 3-4pairs of alden for rotation. Just take the boot to resole when it needs.
    You can add the toe cap.
    The best solution is contact alden dc as they make the 4060 in commando sole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.