1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falu_al

Falu_al Senior member

Here is a curve ball, has the size/make of the Alden last ever been updated? I recently ordered 2 pairs of Alden LWB in size 8.5, allegedly on the Barrie last (one pair of cigar, and one pair of whiskey cordovans). I already own a pair of LWB in color 8, Barrie, on the commando sole, which fits perfectly. To my surprise, both of the new LWBs are slightly, slightly too small. Reviewing the pictures, it seems like they might be on a different last, with the toe box being shaped slightly differently. What do you guys think? They'll be up for grabs shortly on B&S.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Those are all on Barrie. Maybe you've just grown accustomed to the fit of your broken in color 8 pair.

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Agree they all look like barrie but Why do the toes of the other two in question look so skewed...the actual toe itself looks the same however they seem to face a few degrees the other direction

4. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Falu_al

sorry to hear you may have to sell these beautiful shoes. I have had barrie fit a little different. My first pair cxl 6 eye chukka fit great and then bought a few others that were tighter but that was most likely the difference between cxl and non cxl or i need an 8.5e. The shoes definitely look different sizes in the picture...i doubt its the angle . Do you have a trubalnce or other alden to throw into the picture for comparison purposes?

and lastly crap ..i am an 8.5 barrie and been looking for whiskey or cigar wingtips :)

sorry to see you have to sell!

5. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

FYI those 97506 are not cigar, they are ravello on waterloc.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  6. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I have had this issue as well. My color 8 LWB fit quite nicely. My suede and ravello LWBs fit more tightly. At first I thought it was because the suede and ravello LWBs were less broken in. However, I recently picked up a new pair of black shell LWB and they fit much closer to the color 8. All of these LWB are either 2013 or newer. Anyway, I just chalk it up to Alden being Alden.

7. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ravello LWB today. If my second pair doesn't sell soon I'm just going to end up keeping them. Ravello is so gorgeous.

6 people like this.
  8. cats33cats

cats33cats Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Alden Indy on modified last

Sent from my iPhone using

1 person likes this.
  9. Bonggoy

Bonggoy Senior member

Simple answer is --- It's Alden.

I have a few LWB, shells (8 with and without antique, cigar, ravello, whiskey) and nubuck. They all fit a little different. Some tighter, some looser.

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

Another fine creation by Yenni and Co.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  11. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Speaking of Yenni, she really has some very nice non-shell make ups. I love what she is doing with her store. I wore these yesterday, also one of hers.........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This also leads me to a question. I have the same shoe without eyelets in a LWB. I would like to have eyelets added but would prefer the same color as the boots. Has anyone had this type of customization done where it didn't involve brass eyelets? Unfortunately Sublime can only do brass. Thanks.

6 people like this.
  12. Teeka

Teeka Senior member

Just got Ravello Captoe Boots from SF member, great one!
    Thanks @Shawnc

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  13. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

If these were 1/2 size smaller, they would have been the most worn pair in my collection. Hated parting with the but glad they found a good home. Man, they look good on you.

2 people like this.
  14. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Sorry for the poor lighting

3 people like this.
  15. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

^ very nice. I want a different welt or I would have jumped on these too.

16. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

Why do some NST/Tankers have a v-tip on the top stitching, while others have more of a u-shape stitching similar to an Indy. I know the non-Barrie last (aberdeen / plaza ?) NST have more of a v-tip, but I see a variance in the look of barrie lasted NSTs. Is it from the size difference? I prefer the u-shape stitching myself.

17. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

shoemart emails are out. nothing good on 11.5/12d, as usual

18. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Remember the good ole days when the seconds list would have 15+ pairs of cordovan in your size?

1 person likes this.
  19. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

I think it's all a matter of the shape of the lasts, where Trubalance/Barrie are rounded toes versus the pointier Aberdeen last.

Barrie:
    [​IMG]

Aberdeen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

To me it looks most like the color 8 LWB has a much wider looking welt, shape of the shoes looks pretty similar to me.

I will say that my 975 fits a little bigger compared to my Ravello LWB on double waterlock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.