1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Trickers?

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG]
    ravello tassels

I have those socks. You appear to wear yours more though.

3. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

4. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

I have those socks. You appear to wear yours more though.

marcoliani shag

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

7. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

Ultimate Indys are Kudu, right? Not a chromexcel leather, right? In both cases I would just put some neutral boot cream on after wiping with a damp cloth and go to town with a horsehair brush. I've never used polish on my brown chromexcel and it looks great. A neutral boot cream and elbow grease are really all you need to bring the color back and raise a shine.

The Ultimate Indy's that I have are chromexcel, not sure if there is a kudu version as well. Anyways, thanks for the advise, I'll try the neutral cream.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

9. marg

marg Senior member

indy boot sizing question...

i bought the last pair from theshoemart.com in the size i wear in AE last-8, and my toes come up to the stitching across the top. should i size down? these are my first aldens as a new convert from AE, and i'm not sure how the extra toe room is supposed to feel.

10. shasta

shasta Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello tassels

Are those on the Aberdeen last? How does the Aberdeen compare to the Hampton Last? Same sizing?

Or Barrie Last - size up 1/2 on the Aberdeen?

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

Would appreciate hearing experience from anyone who has taken their leather-soled Alden boots to a shoe maker and put a commando sole on the bottom.

How did this work out?

I love the low-profile commando sole on my Alden/Context tankers....wonder if I can find these out there somewhere. Wouldn't want to put too heavy of a lug sole on a pair of sleek boots.

Thanks in advance.

12. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Would appreciate hearing experience from anyone who has taken their leather-soled Alden boots to a shoe maker and put a commando sole on the bottom.

How did this work out?

I love the low-profile commando sole on my Alden/Context tankers....wonder if I can find these out there somewhere. Wouldn't want to put too heavy of a lug sole on a pair of sleek boots.

Thanks in advance.

I've never done it with a shoe repair shop but I've had Alden's restoration department retro-fit a number of shoes/boots with the commando sole. Next pair will be chromexcel chukka boots I picked up recently from LS.

Alden restoration isn't cheap ($140 now) and it isn't fast (4-6 weeks) but they do nice work.

13. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I bout a pair of Alden for BB penny loafers and the stitching is coming out of the vamp. I only bought them about a month ago and have worn them maybe 10 times. 3 out of 4 corners of the vamp are coming undone. Im just worried that eh whole strap might now be compromised.the shoes fit fine out of the box and were never tight or too snug.

heres pictures of each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

^When my Alden longwings from J. Crew started to come unstitched they took them back right away, no questions asked. I'm sure BB would do the same.

They stand behind their stuff.

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I was already going to return them but my real question was as too why it happened. Was it a fit issue or a alden issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.