• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I joined in the complaining about the price of non-shell Aldens earlier today but have to eat my words as that did not stop me from snagging the last pre-order slot in my size for the Leffot CXL PT Boot. Very much looking forward to these and plan to abuse the *#$(@ out of them. I guess when you keep compulsively checking the same item over and over again, it is just easier to buy it and get on with life.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally love CXL boots, wrinkles and all. Although the amount of creasing and wrinkling varies. My Vibergs hardly wrinkle at all. I have one pair of Alden NatCXL that has almost no wrinkling and another Alden pair that is a wrinkle machine.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I joined in the complaining about the price of non-shell Aldens earlier today but have to eat my words as that did not stop me from snagging the last pre-order slot in my size for the Leffot CXL PT Boot.  Very much looking forward to these and plan to abuse the *#$(@ out of them.  I guess when you keep compulsively checking the same item over and over again, it is just easier to buy it and get on with life.

congrats! You will not regret your choice. I preordered reverse chamois WT boots for $580 and know that once I get it I'll forget about price. Also next year the price will rise again.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats! You will not regret your choice. I preordered reverse chamois WT boots for $580 and know that once I get it I'll forget about price. Also next year the price will rise again.
Very nice --- I had my eye on those but couldn't justify another wingtip boot. The reverse chamois (and those boots) look awesome though.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice --- I had my eye on those but couldn't justify another wingtip boot.  The reverse chamois (and those boots) look awesome though.

thank you my friend, it was a hard pill to swollow after "shelling" out $750 for Leffot Tankers.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why do I picture little Uncle Mac at the Baird School 45-50 years ago? I'm certain he wasn't a part of that "vessel for sea-going snitches"! :D (One of my favorite movies!)
nephew, keep searching you might find the right picture

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, certain uncle Mac wore shell to kinder. Clean, un wrinkled, narrow lasted cigar shell lhs to kinder.
Yes, that movie is awesome. Had the VHS and DVD.

nephew,
at that time only king and black

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would add:

A flex sole is a single leather sole soaked in oil. A double waterlock sole is a flex sole (i.e., single leather sole soaked in oil) plus the addition of a regular leather (i.e., non-oil soaked) midsole.

Thank you for the clarification.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
287k8r4.jpg

ravello lhs
argyles otc
212i8o9.jpg

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good Jedi.

Speaking of Whiskey, anyone notice that Saphir now sells a Whiskey Cordovan Cream? (It's possible they have for months, I don't exactly check for it every day).

Thanks! Hope you're feeling better!

I didn't know about the Saphir whiskey. I haven't tried any of the Cordo creams yet … I've just used Reno and a bit of wax for shell. I'm tempted, but haven't seen a need to mix it up yet.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
at that time only king and black
Cigar was too avant garde in that day. Ravello was for communists!
wink.gif

[Edit: I love your ravello LHS Uncle. Mdubs was right on the money; you are in fact killin' it!]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads