1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    5 people like this.
  2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Hey, sometimes he wears his...

3. getsituated

getsituated Active Member

Maybe relatively speaking compared to some Alden rarities, but a pair of snuff suede unlined pair with the flex sole in decent has not popped up in a size 8 in almost half a year.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I only saw half of the email as I was on my phone so only saw the black nst. It was only after I got to my monitor that I saw the the plaza boot and it's sold out. Man those guys are shitty at customer service. I must have messaged them 5 times over the course of a year asking them about the Indy plaza makeup and future deliveries. Each message went unanswered. completely dissatisfied with Fran's Boone here (as I write this I realize I'm wearing a pair of boots from them)

5. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

Quote: Not to my knowledge as an Alden creation. The Ryden Boot is black shell plain toe with antique. Other Brands have brown welts on black shell - I am thinking of a Carmina special order I once saw.

I think this pair will lighten significantly to become more light brown. Robusto Cigar for now

6. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I've always found the crepe that Alden uses to be extremely good in wet weather - probably the best sole on any shoe or boot that I've tried. Crepe-soled shoes are my go to option, especially in the winter when I am always walking across a polished marble lobby and people are tracking in all sorts of slush and snow just compounding the slipperiness of the floor. My crepe-soled All Weather Walkers are great when I am outside and walking across icy sidewalks and/or parking lots. My only complaint with Alden's crepe sole is that they don't do it across the entire shoe and they leave the toe area at the front of the shoe as a leather sole. I've had more two pair that needed to be sent back to Alden to be resoled prematurely because the leather area starts to break down pretty badly (right where it meets the crepe) and begins to expose the nails. Both times I've had that happen Alden replaced everything free of charge and covered shipping both ways with no questions asked. It leads me to believe that this is a known problem to Alden.

FWIW, in the Marine Corps (and I imagine that it's the same in the Air Force and Navy) a lot of the aviation mechanics and other folks that work on the flight lines will get a sole on their combat boots very similar to Alden's plantation crepe. It provides extra traction for them when they are working on the smooth concrete surfaces of the runways and hangers and will not slip when they step into whatever fluids get spilled out while they are working making the surfaces even slicker.

1 person likes this.
  7. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

its not sold out. go to new arrivals.

never tried plaza.

tts? fit vs trubalance?

8. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

Quote: I still like the NST they do because of the blind eyelets. Last time they were in stock my size was available for over a week, I still think you have a shot the Indy plaza. best of luck to you

9. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Probably @NAMOR 's shoe size is sold out, but I do see other sizes still in stock

Plaza last typically runs TTS

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

Plaza tts. Go with e width if you have a wider foot. My kingdom for a 12d

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I concur the metal eyelets are s nice touch on this boot

12. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

About to order the "Dr Jones" boot. How is it with Fransboone, do they only ship to the US using UPS or can one request that they use PostNL?

13. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

I bought a pair of 975's from them before (it was out of stock everywhere at the time) but they shipped Fed Ex and I got hit with customs fees COD (about $60 if I recall). If you can request a different shipping method, I'd like to know as well

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

They ship ups. Previously On their site they had a blurb under "shipping" that offered to post via postNL, and so I requested that. But they told me to go fuck myself (they politely insisted UPS was the only option) and then I got screwed again by UPS. Boot is made my Trickers.

Did I mention I love FB?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

This is the email title that contained the info for the Alden boots

[​IMG]

Email Subject should provide an insight to email content no? Oh man

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Been conditioned and spoiled by leffot to expect a cohesive and easy to follow message [​IMG]

17. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

During check-out process, when one is to choose shipping method, there are a few different UPS options and then there is one called "International shipping". Would be nice to know if that is PostNL.

18. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Don, your Indys are looking great! Surprised to see them get worn twice so quick. :)

-Mike

19. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

The many shades of suede. Today's selection is a fine LWB done up in Horween tobacco reverse chamois on double waterlock.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

If you were a 8.5D Barrie / Trubalance I would recommend UK8E in the 341.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.