1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

These are one of my favorite pairs that I own. I'm glad you're enjoying yours! They look great!

2. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am not a fan of shell, but OMG, those are nice! I'd have to say that they are the best looking Indy's on earth. Too bad they aren't a regular production model. Anyone with an 8.5D want to unload, please let me know :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sazon

sazon Senior member

Today was boot cleaning day since it looks like boot season is officially here!

[​IMG]

Clockwise from top (12:00)...

- Alden x Unionmade Color 8 Cap Toe Boot - Barrie Last / Commando Sole
    - Alden Madison Cigar Shortwing Boot - Barrie Last / Commando Sole
    - Alden DC Cigar Cap Toe Boot - Grant Last / Commando Sole
    - Alden x The Shoe Mart Cigar Indy Boot - TruBalance Last / Commando Sole
    - Alden x The Shoe Mart Ravello Shortwing Boot - Barrie Last / Leather Sole
    - Alden DC Ravello Cap Toe Boot - Grant Last / Commando Sole

And the line up...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][
    /quote]

Chris - that is quite an awesome collection. Wear 'em often!

4. geht

geht Member

Are you kidding me? I was there yesterday as well. Actually I just flew from Toronto just to buy my first Alden's (right now I just have some Crockett and jones). I wonder if we bumped. And to top it off I tried those NST too, I bought the dark brown ones in calf. Beautiful shoes. And you're right, Kathleen is so nice and patient. I asked her if she was all alone and she told me that two more guys work there but that they got sick so she had to take care of all of it just herself. But she didn't complain, she was very attentive and managed to pay attention to everybody entering the store. I was there over an hour since I also tried the Indy boot and a cool 8 cordovan oxfords. I leave Monday and I'm thinking if I go back and get the oxfords. In sum, a great place, a great experience and a great person Kathleen is. I'll definitely come back.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Kathleen = Kathy?

Kathy from DC is a pleasure to deal with and is extremely helpful.

6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
    completely agree, this thread and instagram have broaden my sartorial point of view.

1 person likes this.
  7. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Yes!

8. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

impressive sir. great choices, enjoy boot season.
    outstanding boots. great shade.

great post m635guy. haven't been to the dc store YET. 2210 is a great shoe. leffot has a version of the same shoe with antique edge, i haven't seen that one irl.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Hola gentlemen! I know it's been a while, but I still try to keep up with this thread. The comments, suggestions, and pics continue to make this thread a great resource. Sorry I haven't been able to participate much recently.

Today I'm sporting my ravello wingtip boots (inspired by @mcarthur 's recent post) and J Crew striped socks in support of the Houston Astros at an MLB viewing party. Hope y'all are well...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

@MrDV , still trying to keep up with your perfectly manicured lawn.
    Cheers old friends... [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  10. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

[​IMG]

I won an ebay auction today. Something I find increasingly difficult to do. Straight tips on Aberdeen last. My Epaulet alpine grain are the only Aberdeen pair I have and i hope these fit similar to those. Same seller as the Nassau 4x4 a grail shoe @ 2500$ it was tough to pass-up but I have snuff Nassau from Unipair and really this ravello captor is much more versatile for me.

2 people like this.
  11. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Yeah - her card says Kathleen. I was a little overwhelmed when I walked in the store, so I only sorta caught it. She was outstanding. Unfortunately she was all by herself...

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I got there not long after 11AM, left before 1. There were a few folks through while I was drooling on various things...

14. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

These look amazing! It's a great looking color even in the shade. Enjoy them! Lawn's looking good...

These are great! Enjoy them. They will look good with a ton of different outfits. Excited to see some more shots of them once they come in!

This is kinda crazy, IMO. I just sold a pair of these worn twice for about half of that and feel really good about it.

15. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

This is kinda crazy, IMO. I just sold a pair of these worn twice for about half of that and feel really good about it.

I feel the same way. My advice is often to wait and make calls. You will get the shoe at retail with some effort and quick trigger payment in the right time.

Those are an excellent looking whiskey pair so popping an extra couple hundred still seems fair game.

16. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

One of Alden's absolute coolest styles. Very unique to the line. This model in 9 eyelet boot is bomb as well. I did good bro bro

17. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Jeez .. What the heck happened here. Was responding to great Albetdeen #8 Split Toe. Sorry guys.

18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

[​IMG]
    Sunday.. Works for both Church and Football.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.