1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have been using nano so please update when you try the saphire...actually I need to get the suede family out for a fall nano treatment.

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Will do... Hanger Project was out, so I grabbed AE's and put it on my beater shoes. Looks pretty good...

3. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Of course it is prudent. I'm always amused when I hear the 'they're just shoes' comment when attempting to be dismissive of someone who treats their shoes with care. $99 Cole Haan's from DSW are just shoes. $800 boots made from horses ass are not just shoes. People trying to act like they really got it going on when they don't look at the weather report before deciding to wear their whiskey longwings. There just shoes so I think I'll wear them in the torrential rainfall taking place. Man, must be nice.

I'm with you K-75. Ever since watching a video on nano on the Leffott website, I've been a huge fan. I think I ordered 3 cans of the stuff and treat my suede Aldens before wearing them. Probably overkill, I mean, they're just shoes.

4. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

nt

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

It's not like I'm throwing on ravello nst's in rain storm and purposely sloshing throu every rain puddle singing and dancing. If I get dressed in the morning and my outfit best matches them, I wear them. I carry an umbrella and I walk to and from the office outside. They may get a little wet.

I don't consider myself any better than anyone else because of it. I just don't see the point in buying boots if I can't wear them in rain, or snow, or anything other than beautiful sunshine. 900 dollars or not there made to be worn and it's not like a couple rain spots render them garbage.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    trying to raise capital to build pipeline

1 person likes this.
  7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

So the answer is you're both right. Shoes are made to be used. I'm sure most of the folks here have a decent level of condition and wax/etc. that would allow the shoes to emerge in good shape. That said, I'm going to do what I can to protect them through products like the Saphir (which I'll try on some non-Alden shoes first...) and by choice of shoes more appropriate to the weather when possible and appropriate. I check the weather for temp and rain before decide what I'm wearing in general, and if it is ugly I'll go with the commando/Dianite selections for example. I want all of my shoes to last me a long time.

As far as the Invulner, I just ordered it a few minutes ago, so I'll check in once I've had a chance to use it. I've got a great pair of shoes to test it on.

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, you had a very good week keep it up good shine on your gunboats, nst and cigar

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looking good congratulations on your success thank you

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I did a treatment of ALD on my Carmina PTBs. Haven't had the courage to wear them out in this monsoon we had the past few days, but at least theyre ready for a few stray droplets of here or there.

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    consider tingley overshoes
    the best protection for your shoes for $20

2 people like this.
  12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    black ct boot
    merino wool argyles otc

3 people like this.
  13. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

If the guy who bought the Whiskey Indys in sz 12 today on eBay is here... letme know if those don't work out. I went to a movie this afternoon rather than wait around to snipethem and I figured you'd come back and get them from me.

14. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Post-downpour with my natty cxl Indys.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

With that endorsement, I just ordered a pair. It might be delivered by boat...

16. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

Very nice work. Enjoy them!

17. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

how much has the CXL darkened on your boots?

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I was looking at them also and decided to hold off - if you ever are looking to move anything in size 12 let me know

19. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I scanned past his description, and assumed from the top stitching that those were shell. If those are natural CXL, they've darkened quite a bit.
    Quote:
    vs. my natty CXLs new:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I really wish I could preserve the lighter shade of my natty CXL..not that I don't like the darker patina but I have boots in that color range already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.