***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Yup...same here, I'm sure you saw my posting of the boots I got from Epaulet. Initially, I was reluctant because of the way they photographed but they are awesome!
    [​IMG] Time to slow it way down. Springtime might try to get a pair of snuff suede SWBs if Leather Soul does them again, the ones with the brass eyelets and low profile sole? Beautiful!

2. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Those are wonderful!

Thanks!

What last are those on? Looks like the grant, maybe barrie?

Yup, Grant last. I'm in the minority here but I believe that the comfort/fit on this particular boot feels the best as compared to my other boots (TruBalance, Barrie, etc).

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

^^^^^Damn those or beautiful saddles. Wish I was a frequent shopper (i'm workin on it) at LS to get the inside scoop regarding all the new make-ups that are available before the rest of the public knows about them. Being an 11.5 I miss the boat on some beautiful shoes a lot of the time[​IMG] . I check that page everyday now ha ha.

Nice work Tom and the rest of the crew at Leather Soul.

thank you

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

^ those are awesome, totally unnecessary for me but I would buy them in a heartbeat if I saw them

thank you

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Wearing Ravello today as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

good looking shoe. enjoy wearing

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar lwb

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar wtb

Mac, those wingtips look fantastic

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Mac, those wingtips look fantastic

i apologize for my typo- it should be lwb

9. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Yup, Grant last. I'm in the minority here but I believe that the comfort/fit on this particular boot feels the best as compared to my other boots (TruBalance, Barrie, etc).

I am with you then in that minority. I love my grant last cap toes from Unionmade. From the look of a lot of the pics I see here a lot of guys seem to have wider feet, which isn't best with the grant last.

10. juuceman

juuceman Senior member

Alden on Madison Avenue in Manhattan has Indy boots in stock in Number 8, Cigar, and Whiskey, in various sizes.

11. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

I am with you then in that minority. I love my grant last cap toes from Unionmade. From the look of a lot of the pics I see here a lot of guys seem to have wider feet, which isn't best with the grant last.

I know it's been asked to death, but how did you size the grant last boots? I have fairly narrow feet but still a D width in most shoes.

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Alden on Madison Avenue in Manhattan has Indy boots in stock in Number 8, Cigar, and Whiskey, in various sizes.

Just ordered another pair of Alden's today from Tom. A pair that I will be very happy with I'm sure but if I had not done so, think I would have been on the phone getting a pair of these...which color? dunno', can only speculate since I'm not going to call them...can narrow it down to two though, already have them in cigar.

13. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

I know it's been asked to death, but how did you size the grant last boots? I have fairly narrow feet but still a D width in most shoes.

I have brown cxl Indy boots on the trublnce last in 8.5D, cigar shell indy boots on the trubalance last in 8E, which pretty much fit the same as 8.5D, and my color 8 shell cap toes on the grant last in 8.5D. I didn't change my sizing from my other boots and they fit great.

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Common wisdom seems to be TTS however I recently got some longwings on the Grant and sized down 1/2 (i.e. same size as in Barrie) and I like the way they fit. Of course I'm going to be wearing thin dress socks with them versus thicker socks in a boot.

15. borderline

borderline Senior member

If everyone sizes down 1/2 on the Barrie last, why doesn't Alden just relabel what is currently a 10.5 --> 11 (etc) and then everyone can order TTS? I don't understand this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.