• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

breck81

Reaction score
@mdubs

I do feel quite fortunate. When I first took them out of the box all I could think of was, how could I ever top these? I think the answer is I can't and i'm ok with that. All the rest are just shoes to get me by til I throw the ravello LWBs back on.

However, I am on Leffot pre order for the color 8 lwb and Cigar Indy's. I'm afraid the addiction is real;)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buzran, I am with our new friend here. DC does not take money up front so get on her list. Just don't order a special size and back out. :)

-Mike

I am going to do just that!

Starting to think I also want a whiskey PTB haha, does Kathy do that makeup as well?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
@mdubs

I do feel quite fortunate. When I first took them out of the box all I could think of was, how could I ever top these? I think the answer is I can't and i'm ok with that. All the rest are just shoes to get me by til I throw the ravello LWBs back on.

However, I am on Leffot pre order for the color 8 lwb and Cigar Indy's. I'm afraid the addiction is real;)

Breck, very nice! Those are two other very fine designs. I am on the Indy Boot as well and am rather anxious to get them. Their Color 8 LWB is a great design, but I personally prefer the Cigar LWB with antique and the #8 on Black Edging.

-Mike

breck81

Reaction score
@mdubs

Yeah I hopped on the Leffot Color 8 not thinking the Ravello would actually come to fruition. I will probably end up backing out on those.

The Cigar Indy's however, I cannot wait! I know the Indy's and more specifically the trubalance can get a little grief for its clunkiness, but the Indy fits my style to a T. At 6'2 I can get away with a 10.5E trubalance boot. The cigars are going to be so nice. A winter counterpart to my Natty Indy's.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

@mdubs

Yeah I hopped on the Leffot Color 8 not thinking the Ravello would actually come to fruition. I will probably end up backing out on those.

The Cigar Indy's however, I cannot wait! I know the Indy's and more specifically the trubalance can get a little grief for its clunkiness, but the Indy fits my style to a T. At 6'2 I can get away with a 10.5E trubalance boot. The cigars are going to be so nice. A winter counterpart to my Natty Indy's.

Ha, I fought the TB last by getting a narrow width. :)

-Mike

breck81

Reaction score
@mdubs

That is one way around its "clunkiness". I haven't always had the strongest ankles so I rather like the solid base the TB provides.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snapped a couple quick family photos while cleaning out my closet. Mostly Aldens and EGs w/ a few other scattered brands

breck81

Reaction score
@Beatlegeuse

Leffot has one at the moment. They offered it up at the same time as the Ravello Day Tripper.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Beatlegeuse

Leffot has one at the moment. They offered it up at the same time as the Ravello Day Tripper.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure all pairs are probably spoken for, with a waiting list as well. I need a 12B on the Trubalance, so I'm probably out this round. That's ok, too many other pre-orders for me already, don't want to spread myself too thin.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I'm sure all pairs are probably spoken for, with a waiting list as well. I need a 12B on the Trubalance, so I'm probably out this round. That's ok, too many other pre-orders for me already, don't want to spread myself too thin.

Yes, it was Leffot. I got a B width in on this run, so they did do B widths. But, you have to pay up front... :-(

Alden NY did a Whiskey Indy... Something tells me they have at least one B width going also.... :)

Yes, there was one very expensive week last month.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shocked to hear Leffot is running a cigar Indy. I was supposed to be on the Ravello boot abd something got messed up. Never once was a cigar indy mentioned as a possibility instead. That really irritates me.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Feels like they already have. I buy a fair amount from them and was really contemplating whether to order my various EG's through them or Skoak. This helps confirm my decision ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads