***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Cimabue,

Glad you like them - Ravello is a great color and photographs do not do them justice.

2. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

I just tried ordering some Alden cordovan boots in colour 8 off shoemart and they don't ship internationally??

I played around with the site and it would let me order any other shoes but Aldens.

I tried calling 1-800 number and it tells me I can't connect.

(I'm in Canada BTW).

Anyone know what's up with this.............or where I can order some Alden boots from??

**edit- never mind, Tony the Tailor is my new best friend! Great selection and international shipping.

3. srivats

srivats Senior member

Wearing Ravello today as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

Those are wonderful!

4. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Wearing Ravello today as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

What last are those on? Looks like the grant, maybe barrie?

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Also wearing Ravello, longwing with crepe.

You beat me to those on eBay didn't you...[​IMG]

I wound up buying the cigar LWBs from the same seller. He had Cigar, Ravello(crepe), and Wiskey all up at the same time new in box for ~$550.

6. London

London Senior member

Just got the Color 8 boots in the mail today.

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Yes, Shoe Mart. Couldn't be happier. The worry about reddish-orange shell is unfounded. Medium brown with slight orange undertints. Perfect.

Go Alden!

Yup...same here, I'm sure you saw my posting of the boots I got from Epaulet. Initially, I was reluctant because of the way they photographed but they are awesome!

8. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

You beat me to those on eBay didn't you...[​IMG]

I wound up buying the cigar LWBs from the same seller. He had Cigar, Ravello(crepe), and Wiskey all up at the same time new in box for ~$550.

No, I'm not the guilty party, they came from Alden-of-Carmel a few months ago.

9. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Anyone have those winn perry chromexcel longwings? Kind of interested. Shame I slept on those boots

10. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Anyone have those winn perry chromexcel longwings? Kind of interested. Shame I slept on those boots

Yes, I do. They are up there as one of my favorites. What would you like to know about them?

11. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I have a pair, they're great (perfect for winter in Chicago). The color is darker than the natural chromexcel I've seen on a number of Shoemart offerings. They're perfect with jeans, maybe a little too light to dress up (commando soul keeps them casual as well).

Second best pair of Aldens (brown chromexcel chukka from LS is No 1) I've bought in some time.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I always wear thick boots socks with my Indys.
    Thinking of picking up a pair of Cap Toe boots. Do you guys wear boot socks or just normal dress socks with cap toe boots?

13. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

Thanks, do you have a photo?

I'm still reading about the different lasts and whatnot. I don't really understand too much about why this or that last is better or worse, other than potential fit of the shoe vs my foot shape. Nor do I understand how people get the same shoe, but on different lasts. But I guess that's how Alden does things.

I really need to go to a local store and check them out. Sherman Brothers is local to me, so I will try them out.

I'm the same size in Van last, Tremont, Aberdeen, and Barrie--all 10.5D. I think it's best to try them on at least once. Good idea to go to Sherman Bros. Here are my 974's in Color 8:

[​IMG]

14. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

I wish someone would make a wingtip boot in kudu with a commando sole. All this cordovan love is great, but give me more kudu! Alden of Carmel has a now discontinued kudu wingtip boot with a lug sole, but it would be so nice with a commando (and in my size...).

15. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

What polish would you recommend for chrome excel indy boots? Dark brown? I'm thinking just for touching up if they get really beat up or from snow/rain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.