1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Both are great boots. You are hard to go wrong there. The Perf Tip is probably a little more versatile than the wingtip.

Henry, these are aging quite well. Glad to see them getting good use!

Mac, you are looking tremendous in your King Tassels and Argyles. You wear them very well!

-Mike

2. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

A little something new from Yenni at B+M. This batch of CXL is so soft. Can't wait to see the patina on these in a few months.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. mosy

mosy Senior member

i can return them but i really like them and they are our of the next size....maybe i'll just wear regular socks with these?

4. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

5. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

[​IMG]

Maiden voyage of LWB #8 antique edge

4 people like this.
  6. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Those look totally fine. Enjoy them - they're fantastic boots.

Lookin' sharp!

Ravello is so nice, especially your pair. Really nice patina and color on them.

I was looking at this makeup the other day. Very cool! Plus, Yenni is awesome.

Bon voyage! Those look really great.

1 person likes this.
  7. prez

prez Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black shell cap toes on the Aberdeen last

1 person likes this.
  8. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

FTFY
    They look great. Enjoy them.

1 person likes this.
  9. sazon

sazon Senior member

Looking great !

1 person likes this.
  10. LittleViti

LittleViti Senior member

So...I may have underestimated how difficult the Van last is to fit on my recent acquisition of LHS in 11D. I sized down in accordance with my Barrie and Tremont wore them out sock less after an initial try on period and had one of my worst fit experiences thus far -- the strap was unbearably tight!

Do most people share this difficulty? And is there a recommended recourse--or is there just a required break in period? As I consider selling the 11D, I'm wondering if it's worth trying 11E or if the BB unlined might be more comfortable? Or is it just that LHS are not for everyone?

Interested in thoughts/experiences...and PM me if you've nailed down your fit on 11D and are looking for a below market pickup.

11. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

My experience with Equus is great service, great quality, but the leather samples for both belts I ordered were quite different than the finished product (two different types of leather - one suede and one smooth). I always expect some dye lot variation, but these were both significantly different. Considering these are MTO, that's a deal-breaker for me.

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I have quite a few pair of shoes and loafers on the Van last as well as the Barrie last. I am solidly a 7.5E on the Barrie and my absolute best fitting shoes are my Van-lasted bluchers that are in 8D. I have a few pair of loafers on the Van in 8D and they fit great but are maybe just the tiniest little bit too big, but I've tried the 7.5E and 7.5D in Van for loafers and while they are wearable, by the end of the day I cannot wait to take them off.

In the end, I like to keep my Van shoes/loafers a half size larger than my Barrie.

Off topic - I like your avatar. I'll be sporting the Eagle when I come down to DC next month for the Marine Corps Marathon. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  13. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Your new Color 8 LWBs are looking superb today! Enjoy them for many years to come!

Prez, those are a great and classic model. I am not sure if I have even seen those posted here despite it being a catalog shoe.

-Mike

14. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

they look perfect!

15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

So I played product photographer this morning, and found out how bad I am at that...

But anyway...

Boots
    [​IMG]

Shoes
    [​IMG]

Belt
    [​IMG]

Supplies
    [​IMG]

:D

4 people like this.
  16. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Which LWBs are those/where did you get them?

PS your skills are awesome. I loved the photos. Keep them coming!

1 person likes this.
  17. Michigan Planner

^ Your photos turned out much better than anything I ever do.

18. LittleViti

LittleViti Senior member

@Michigan Planner Thanks! And good luck at the race. I ran it in 2008 and it's a blast.

19. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

Pretty sure they are the tobacco LWBs from JCrew.

20. Michigan Planner

This will be my 4th time running the MCM but I'm just not feeling it this year, I'll be struggling to beat 4 hours. I do however always look forward to my trips to DC - my best friend lives down there and just got a new place in Takoma Park that I want to see and I've always got a bunch of friends from my time in the Marine Corps who come into town for the marathon. And to bring it back to the topic of Alden shoes - I always make a point to check in at the Alden store and Sky Valet when I am in town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.