1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    king tassels
    merino wool argyle socks

5 people like this.
  2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Wow - that's tough... Those are two fine looking boots.

Flip a coin. If you feel like you want to go two out of three, you know which one you really wanted...

3. aldennoob

aldennoob Senior member

I will keep the j crew as it is a special make up, although leffot and tsm had made a similar one.
    The wing tip boot is easy to buy if you regret later

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I size up one half size for boot socks

5. mosy

mosy Senior member

That makes sense to me. However, in my calfskin JCrew Barrie LWB, the 8.5 D is the size that fits me best, although it's a bit roomier than I like. Therefore when I ordered these captoe boots I figured the extra room would be good for boot socks so I ordered the same size. But instead of extra room, these boots feel snug, maybe even too snug, and that's with regular socks! Now what?

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Looking sharp Uncle. Great to hear from you again!

7. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Have you worn the JCrew PCT boots, or can you still exchange them for a bigger size?
    If you can't exchange them, maybe that's the pair you want to get rid of? If they don't fit right, the chance is they won't see much wear.

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I have both and wear the wingtip boot more frequently. If you can only keep one, determine for yourself which one you would reach for more often. Really can't go wrong with either...
    KEEP BOTH!! [​IMG]

9. mosy

mosy Senior member

I can return the JCrew pair but they they are out of stock in most sizes now, including 9. I think I am leaning towards this pair though. If I wear regular socks with them, I think they will fit ok as long as they loosen up a tad. The question is if I will regret not being able to wear boot socks with them in the cold weather...

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Black shell love from me today.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Nice. Very good combo with that denim. I might just wear my Oxblood2 today...

13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

While I am not ready for prime time when it comes to the Jeans you guys sport this pair did make me seek out a pair of Levi's in a similar color. I think this is one of the nicest jeans I have ever seen. Sadly most of the cool kids jeans you guys wear do not come in my robust waist size of 40. At least with the Levi's I wont cry when my 5 years runs to hug me with a marker in his hand...lol

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  14. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

I like the idea of flipping a coin and if you feel the need to go 2 out of 3 you pretty much know the answer. I would also think about how you would wear them as the perf cap toe is a bit more formal a design than the wing tip. Both beautiful though and really can't go wrong either way!

15. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

As long as your little one doesn't come scribbling with said marker on Daddy's shoes.
    That being said, Gustin has size 40.
    I am sure the levis will be awesome, regardless.

16. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

Looking sharp Uncle. Your posts have been an inspiration to me for a while, both the pictures and responses to others. It's great to see you back on this thread! Not only has my shoe wardrobe been enhanced with handful of Alden shoes and boots (and 2 more on the way) but the fine folks at customshirt1 delivered some beautiful argyle Marcoliani socks yesterday! Have a great weekend!

1 person likes this.
  17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

This is very true but they are not offering those awesome oxblood 2

18. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

They'll do an Oxblood3 sometime in the next year, I'd guess. Just sign up for their mailing list and keep an eye out for it. The order tends to fill quickly.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  19. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Figured that much but picked an option to notify me just in case oxblood 2 comes back. It is awesome place & price is not bad at all compare to department store prices. Thank you for info & letting us know about your awesome jeans :D

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I can't recommend @Equus Leather strongly enough. They are actively involved with the SF community, make a very high quality product and are a joy to deal with. I have a few belts from @Equus Leather and the burgundy is not an exact match to color 8 but still works well IMO. It's their bridle matte brass buckled "West End" at 1 3/8", a width I chose to work well with casual & business casual.

Burgundy West End on left below (http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/bridle-leather-belts/west-end-bridle-leather-belt.html)

Their amazingly tough and gorgeous "Scott Harness leather Belt" on right (http://www.equusleather.co.uk/the-scott-harness-leather-belt.html)

[​IMG]

Burgundy West end w/AE "cabernet brown" calf, Alden Color 8, AE Burgundy shell, and Alden cigar.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.