***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forex

forex Senior member

Haha, you guys make it hard to slow down. [​IMG]

I have a BB discount card already. [​IMG] Signed up over the summer, but have yet to use it.

Black shoes and Monks are next. Then I'm done. (Time for sneakers afterward).

Edit: What last are those Monks on?

Those are on aberdeen last but honestly,they look ugly. If you want monks,get something different,branch out of alden.

2. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

3. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

alden monks look off...

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello wt

5. sazon

sazon Senior member

Are these Jcrew shoes worth it if I have a coupon for 20% off?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...0853/20853.jsp

I really like the design and for 480 it seems like a good deal for cordovan aldens.

Hell yeah they're worth it. If you're on the fence, gimme the coupon and i'll try em out and let you know.

6. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

7. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

alden monks look off...
    I would agree about the Aberdeen but some of the ones on the Plaza a pretty slick if you're just looking for a basic monk. Strangely enough, though, I have the medallion, captoe on the Aberdeen and it's one of my most complimented on pair.

8. sflore8

sflore8 Active Member

Are these Jcrew shoes worth it if I have a coupon for 20% off?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...0853/20853.jsp

I really like the design and for 480 it seems like a good deal for cordovan aldens.

Yeah, I have these and really like them. They are not as dressy as the pics from the J.Crew site make them look which is a big plus for me.

9. number9dream

number9dream Senior member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ravello Wingtip Boot from Epaulet

Wonderful boots! Does anyone know what the difference is between Epaulet's Brixton boot and Shoemart's Ravello 9 Eyelet Wingtip Boot?

I wonder if the heels are different sizes? (For reference, I own the Shoemart boot in Color#8 and the JCrew Cordovan Captoe boot. Both are on the Barrie last, but the heel and overall footprint of the JCrew boot is much narrower and sleeker.) From the pic of the Epaulet boot, it looks more like the JCrew footprint, but I can't tell.

Anyone have any ideas?

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ravello Wingtip Boot from Epaulet

damn near perfection, in my book.

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Wonderful boots! Does anyone know what the difference is between Epaulet's Brixton boot and Shoemart's Ravello 9 Eyelet Wingtip Boot?

I wonder if the heels are different sizes? (For reference, I own the Shoemart boot in Color#8 and the JCrew Cordovan Captoe boot. Both are on the Barrie last, but the heel and overall footprint of the JCrew boot is much narrower and sleeker.) From the pic of the Epaulet boot, it looks more like the JCrew footprint, but I can't tell.

Anyone have any ideas?

eyelets vs speedhooks

thats all I see

12. PorterInjax

Sazon, I have 10 or 11 pairs of Alden shell, these are my current favorites by far. IIRC, I don't think I've worn them without getting at least one compliment on them.

13. PorterInjax

Anyone have any ideas?

With respect to the footprint, I don't know as I don't have any of the JCrew shells.
    As others have posted though, it seems that recent Ravello releases have a little more red in them which I was initially concerned with prior to ordering. Ended up being a non-issue though.

14. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Anyone have any ideas?

What is the sizing like on the Jcrew boot? I might cop but I have no way to try it on.

15. John_

John_ Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.