• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could try the BB version. The eyelets though, are matching color (not sure they "pop" enough for you Burzan, but I highly recommend)...

The color here looks a little darker. I need to brush them in a different direction for a lighter shade. I really like these and got them 30% of a few months ago.

Ooooooh yeah that is probably the solution, how do you feel about them being lined vs the regular version? I suppose it only makes the difference in having to wear a sock liner compared to going full sockless in the unlined version. Maybe slightly less slipper like haha

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning after getting dressed, I looked for my Color 8 chukkas on commando. Couldn't find them. I shuffled around my 13 boxes of Aldens, double-checking all the numbers and labels. Still couldn't find them. Then I started to panic. I hastily began opening boxes to make sure that I hadn't put my Color 8 chukkas back into the wrong box. Beads of sweat started to build up on my forehead. Had I lost them? Did I leave them somewhere? Where were they?!

That's when I realized I don't even own Color 8 chukkas on commando...

Yup, that happened this morning. So I mixed things up a bit and went with these.

Funny, that's the exact opposite of what happened to a SF member last year, can't recall his name, who "forgot" that he had a pair of Whiskey SWBs hiding in the back of his closet.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny, that's the exact opposite of what happened to a SF member last year, can't recall his name, who "forgot" that he had a pair of Whiskey SWBs hiding in the back of his closet.

Haha, I remember that one. Would much rather have been finding a pair of long-lost whiskey swb this morning.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey tassels and ravello tassels on ebay, 12D. Not my auctions.

Last edited:

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all you 10D guys out there, it looks like Alden MD(ubs) has a decent variety of whiskey shell for sale.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on.
As you can see in the photo...there's a large rectangle area on the right right shoe that's darker than the rest of the shoe. As Ron White said: You can't fix stupid! They are going back See Ya, Steve
Unfortunate, but the right call IMO.

aldenwear

Reaction score

My man! I feel the exact same way. I'm thinking the dressiest last I'll ever go with is Plaza (looking for Indys and NSTs on that last; I know J Gilbert is one place

The smooth vs rough chamois are distinctly different. I really don't see very many styles in the smooth. I have only seen an indy and lhs.

Leffot offered a wingtip blucher boot in the smooth chamois. Has a water lock sole.

cincikid

Reaction score
pretty sure someone said its roughly $12 PER eyelet. I'll double check.
I checked with Nick last week. He charges $5 per eyelet, if these are blind eyelets. It's going to be more if there's a grommet on the inside.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello in the morning sun.
Awesome in every way. I may have to wear mine this week.
My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on. As you can see in the photo...there's a large rectangle area on the right right shoe that's darker than the rest of the shoe. As Ron White said: You can't fix stupid! They are going back See Ya, Steve
I'm picturing Ron Swanson opening his hand crafted american made ptbs and seeing that defect. He would come unglued. I love Ron Swanson.
ravello lwb argyles otc
2ptpk46.jpg
These do make a compelling argument for king lwb. Great shoes.
Just ordered some petrol blue Walts from the Epaulet sale. All I need now are some ravello wt and nst boots to try for a @MrDV picture. Oh wait, I need to call my landscaper too.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
Nice grab. Petrol and shell go like peas and carrots.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The standard snuff Dover is awesome. I would wear the hell out of them and then send them to B Nelson. I'm sure he can swap the eyelets for a nominal fee

Yes. I also want to try brass on ravello lwb to mimic mdubs jcrews.

Beauties, DV. Beauties.
Mine are now broken in and only slightly creased but have yet to hit the outside world.

Fit pic is in order.

That hurt me. I recall that member finding ravello sw x leather soul in his closet. It hurts because I had a chance to buy a pair from the store and hesitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads