1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Blue suede Indy
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

New 987's today .. Break in time .. These will be great for the holidays..
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Love the look of broken in smooth tobacco chamois. I met my wife wearing Aldens made of that leather.

4. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Funny, that happened to me once with #8 LWBs at Logan airport. The lovely woman in question was about 75 y/o. Her late husband was a shoe guy and she knew they were Alden. It was a nice conversation.

1 person likes this.
  5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I've said it before and firmly believe that when Aldn is on their game, no one does it better. Just got these back from restoration. Took a little longer than usual, but who cares. I could not be more pleased.......

[​IMG]

Additionally, just got these from restoration (via fellow SF'er, thanks @Allen Dreadmon). Not much of a black shell guy but again, couldn't be more pleased.....

[​IMG]

Kind of reminds me of these beauties.....

I've got a ways to go, but I'm gunning for you @chipshot. These LHS's are definitely growing on me. I especially like the sockless look you sport so well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Two great stories. Would love to have been a part of either conversation.

7. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I was at some airport a couple of years ago and some stranger comes up and asks what boots I'm wearing (Alden Nat CXL Indy boots, since sold). He said he was looking for a nice pair of stylish work boots. I gave him the info and could see him sitting with his wife/partner googling away. His eyes seemed to bug out and he came over and asked if that was what they really cost!??!! I guess he didn't buy them.

2 people like this.
  8. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

After having some shell shoes from AE, I got an itch for cap toe shell boots. Google directed me to this thread and pics of alden shell boots here have been nothing short of Amazing...
    Specially got interested in jcrew pct boot and here I am with my first alden ...really happy with these ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

Congratulations! Beautiful boot! The first pair turns into many quickly. My first pair was in January this year. I now own 5 Alden's in total, deposit on another and on a wait list for another - both with Yenni. AE really seems to be the gateway shoe company[​IMG].

10. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

After having some shell shoes from AE, I got an itch for cap toe shell boots. Google directed me to this thread and pics of alden shell boots here have been nothing short of Amazing... Specially got interested in jcrew pct boot and here I am with my first alden ...really happy with these ... [​IMG] [​IMG] [/quote Smoking boots there.. How'd you size? TTS or half down? Beautiful #8's.m you will be loving these for a long time! Good choice!

11. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Ha! Thanks Shawn .. In freakin sane restoration. They look awesome. Embrace the black shell and it's versatility ..

12. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Well, nice lady next to me on my plane leaving DCA last week looked at my Alpine Grain NST boots and asked if they were Doc Martens. Does that count for anything??

2 people like this.
  13. sazon

sazon Senior member

@gabru - looking great! congrats!

14. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Congrats, and welcome to the dark side.

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Your Suede LWBs are terrific! Nano is great. Congrats on your maiden voyage.
    You Color 8 LHSes look terrific. The lined LHS is much better with socks. Unlined can go either way.
    Congrats on your new boots! :)
    Your Perforated Cap Toe Boots look very nice and pair well with your jeans.
    Great looking tanker boots my friend. It needs to cool off in SD.
    Good to see you here LV, that's a great and classic model. You wear them well... Thanks Chippy!
    Killing it as always my friend.
    Looking great in your 987s. Definitely a beautiful but under appreciated model.
    Congrats on getting them back. Chip shot is a great source of classy motivation.
    +1. -Mike

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  16. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unboxing my new #8 LWB

Sadly I am going to continue our conversation from earlier...these shoes were straight out of the box (never saw my foot), but the right shoe is pretty creased. These cost me nearly $800 as I was buying from The Bureau (exchange rate and shipping).. Thoughts... I felt like they were pretty creased. BTW the left looks creased but is fine in person.

17. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

that's unfortunate.
    i would keep if the right shoe creasing was the ONLY issue. you're likely to find other issues with your next pair if you return these. you will also make those same creases in about 10 minutes of wear.

18. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

My thoughts, too. Which is why I'm leaning toward keeping them. I think it was just a slight disappointment

19. 89826

89826 Senior member

If you are so inclined, try and wrangle a discount from the store. Be nice, but say you are disappointed.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  20. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Thanks, can't agree more on that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.