1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Thanks - just saved me a phone call-

2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Speaking of all these tankers, anyone have ideas about when the Leffot pre-order may finally arrive? Been pining for them since the pre-order began in mid May. I know they say 4-6+ months, and we're just now getting into that window.

3. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

From what I gather, the pre-order was a "special order," while these pairs are their "normal" order they place on a regular basis. Therefore, we may have to wait. They noted they'll send me an "order update" not an invoice for the balance or anything. I'm not holding my breath for this batch.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

5. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Wearing ochos to see my lawyers.

[​IMG]

6. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Sorry, I have more Aldens than any other brand of shoe but that price from Context is outrageous. I honestly wonder if it's a typo and should be $7xx. And I don't think Alden compares very favorably to C&J so the idea that C&J shell can be had cheaper is pretty funny to me...

1 person likes this.
  7. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

pricing is a funny thing.

like, I will bet Context sells all those boots for $835 no problem. but on the secondary market they wouldn't sell for nearly that much, unless you want that EXACT makeup it's not hard to spend a few hundred less than that and get a sweet #8 shell boot

meanwhile if it was in Ravello they would price is at $850 or something and it would be underpriced, people would pay even more for that on the secondary market

(and agree that C&J is nicer)

8. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Finally decided to pull the trigger on those Alden SWB from LS and somebody had bought my size! Noooo hahah

9. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

+1
    considering that people are willing to pay ~700 for boots made of rubber-coated/infused leather (from another famous maker)--pricing is indeed a funny thing.

10. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

second post of the day for me......fresh delivery to the office from a fellow SF member

cigar/snuff saddles.....my first saddles since I was a kid

I wasted no time in breaking these bad boys in.....they should get plenty of wear this fall with jeans and chinos

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

After seeing the post of the price, I actually called Alden. Alden did not increase their prices, vendors are required to sell at a minimum price, but is not, to my knowledge provided a fixed or maximum price. The pricing seems to depend on the material, sole, and how much detail work the model entails (i.e. hand stitching). But this is merely Context increasing their prices and not something done by Alden...

-Mike

12. mdubs

Hot diggity dog, those are superb. I haven't seen this makeup in many moons. Its an interesting makeup as it lacks any finishing on the Cigar Shell Cordovan.

Congrats and enjoy them!

-Mike

13. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

i've noticed that context's prices are usually higher than other retailers. the snuff roy boots usually go for around 550 and they are charging 595.

14. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I wasn't sure what to expect on the finish, or lack thereof, but I really like it.....especially since I plan on wearing them with more casual pants.

Not sure when these were made, but the cigar has a fanastic shade that is much lighter/more olive than other cigar models I currently own or have seen in the past.

15. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

They were $100 higher for a recent pair of Vibergs that just went up and sold out as well.

16. tricky

tricky Senior member

Ugh sizes gone already!

17. mdubs

What is the run number on them? I believe they were done for Leffot in the 2011-2012 range. The run number will be the long number that isn't the sizing information or model number... The run number should start with a Single Digit followed by a Letter. That leading single digit will be the year that it was made...

-Mike

18. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I agree that C&J quality and finishing is a notch above Alden but I don't think you can get C&J shell boots for much less that $1K now, unless it's some special.

19. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Their last run of shell tanker were sold at about the same premium.

20. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

cigar boot x anatomica
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.