1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

makes me feel better. I have 2xVibergs and 2xAlden and I think a pair of rancourts that are unworn. I'm also in shorts half the year and find it hard with the hectic kid, work, play schedule to fit in the collection especially boots but I keep buying them!

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

all this talk of worn/unworn has made me wonder, has there been a collection thread on here in awhile? Cant recall the last one I've seen..

We just had one over on GYW. Love it as it opens me up to new models etc that I'd possibly never have seen..

Is there a link on SF for a collection thread (presumably link to a folder/imgur)?

3. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

My unworn list:

DC Ravello CT Boot
    Whiskey LWB
    Ravello LWB (dark edge)
    Color 8 LWB (antique edge)
    LS Color 8 Pitt Boot

4. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Is that where someone posts all of their shoes?

I have thought of getting all of my shoes photographed but it would have to be it is quite the process. Perhaps when I move!

5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

6. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

The only shells I haven't worn are my #2 LWB's.... just haven't gotten the nerve to wear them out yet. All my other shell I wear.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Good god. How many YEARS has it been since LS offered that? I hope those weren't new to you!

8. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I picked them up last year new (but on the secondary market). They were made in 2012.

9. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

Ravello cap toe boot on grant

I have the #8 longwing from AoC with the dark edging and commando sole and I wear them quite a bit. Even wore them with a suit a few weeks ago. For versatility and occasional traditional business dress I would go with the AoC model with the dark edge. Either way, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

10. arrow

arrow Senior member

If any good souls have 9e plaza unworn shoes, please pm me and I will send countless blessings your way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Why does nobody wear their Ravello DC Grant boots?!? And does anyone have an unworn 8.5D? ;)

12. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

His blessing also involve cash :)

1 person likes this.
  13. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

damn. 3 full year and unworn.

if people are wondering why it's so much harder to get some of these makeups, I'd say the "collectors" mentality is a pretty big factor here. people buy and hold (or, hoard) b/c they know they can recoup costs on secondary market if they change their minds. if it's a rare shell color they will appreciate even.

this is a prime example - someone buys from LS, wait 2 years, then sells them, and now they are still unworn!

14. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

It's hard to get them because relatively few of the rare shell make ups are produced on an annual basis. Whether buyers hoard them or not has little to do with it.

Also, often, people will wait for a shoe they have committed to as a pre-order, and when it arrives 12-24 months after the initial pre-order, they may take delivery then change their mind, or just take the same amount of time to consider keeping them, knowing that unloading rashly may lead to serious regrets.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I was wondering the same thing. I placed an order with LS back in 2012 and am still waiting for that delivery to come in. I would have been upset if those boots were from that order and I had somehow missed them!

16. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

17. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

^^^

wouldnt be surprised if those are the pair I sold, or were picked up from LS when I got mine under their Last Pair column. they've been on ebay for a bit now

18. loplop

loplop Member

Thank you, I will try to keep up! This thread moves fast :)

I'm a 9D Barrie/TruBalance, 9.5D Barrie Boot. Not sure about other lasts, I've only tried Aberdeen 9.5D and it hurts.

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Sweetness! Enjoy often and in great health my friend!

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Indeed! All the best to you and your cohort. Love the gunboats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.