***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

On the topic of Alden QC, my laces ripped straight through in less than 8 months of wear... I know Aden doesn't make the laces, but come on...This has never happened to me on any other pair of shoes.

So does LS Beverly Hills have laces for sale or is it just online that I can buy them, such as through the ShoeMart?

I purchased a pair of Peal and Co (C&J) shoes from BB recently. They were obviously unworn, and the first time I put the shoes on the damn lace snapped! It's sitting on my desk looking at my right now. [​IMG]

All my Alden laces are still going strong. I think it's just the luck of the draw.

2. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

recently put a hole through a wax lace, got it caught on a speed hook... lace is still holding strong, but will need to be replaced down the road

3. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

On the topic of Alden QC, my laces ripped straight through in less than 8 months of wear... I know Aden doesn't make the laces, but come on...This has never happened to me on any other pair of shoes.

So does LS Beverly Hills have laces for sale or is it just online that I can buy them, such as through the ShoeMart?

Write a nice e-mail to them and they'll likely send some replacement laces.

4. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

New laces are also like $2

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Black Brooks Brothers Black Fleece long wings.
    Grant last or so I've been lead to believe. I sized down 1/2.
    [​IMG]

6. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Nice longwings Zip. Really like that pebble grain.

7. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

those are nice, I sold my pair of black shell longwings after I got the same pebbled ones. It makes the black shoe more interesting overall

8. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

walked in thinking about the color 8 longwings, left thinking about the whiskey longwings! right place at the right time!!! so excited! my first pair of cordovans! now if the 22 inches of snow would melt, i could wear them some where other than my apt

9. Man with Apple

Had thought about selling my cigar shell Indys, and even added them to BS, but after some thought, I think they are gonna work out just fine.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

dang john going back and forth, but looks like you made a solid decision... for now...

we're in the midst of winter here, and it seems like boots are hot on everyone's mind, but i was wondering if anyone had a favorite spring/summer aldens that they're itching to wear? i'm looking ahead (and budgeting) and i'm looking for ideas

11. Man with Apple

dang john going back and forth, but looks like you made a solid decision... for now...

we're in the midst of winter here, and it seems like boots are hot on everyone's mind, but i was wondering if anyone had a favorite spring/summer aldens that they're itching to wear? i'm looking ahead (and budgeting) and i'm looking for ideas

Ya, for now, haha. But, really, I think they are here to stay. My fiancÃ[​IMG], who is very conservative with spending, was actually the one telling me to think about keeping them. It was a pretty expensive Christmas this year on gifts for others, so I think some guilt on my side was a factor as well in wanting to sell them. Not to mention that I bought the boots you sold me, another pair of Alden #8 boots, and the cigar Indys all in the last month and a half.

I am interested in seeing what LS comes out with this spring, as I have heard they have some good stuff. I think some snuff suede chukka boots or chromxcel chukka boots would be great for spring.

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Nice longwings Zip. Really like that pebble grain.

those are nice, I sold my pair of black shell longwings after I got the same pebbled ones. It makes the black shoe more interesting overall

Thanks guys. The more I look at them, the more I'm liking the pebble grain. I was considering some longwings in black shell but I'm glad I waited and went this route.

13. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I've got an almost new pair of 9 B/D Whiskey Long Wings that are pretty cool - and they just might be available for sale. [​IMG]

14. John_

John_ Active Member

Thanks guys. The more I look at them, the more I'm liking the pebble grain. I was considering some longwings in black shell but I'm glad I waited and went this route.
    Those are great...but, what do people think of the loops? I don't mind the locker loops on my Black Fleece pants, but not sure about the look (use?) on shoes.

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Zippy-why did you size down on Grant last? Don' they fit true to size?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.