• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Yeah, antique edges can throw me off as well some times as I naturally think they are Cigar. But I really like the #8/antique style personally.

Bob, don't worry too much, #8 make ups are pretty common, as it is not an exotic shell color.

-Mike

hyong91

Reaction score

pardon for the bad picture , these are the Chromexcel work boots from roden gray ,could not get mine hands on the roy boots and found these in roden gray,
just downtown Vancouver and realized that i got to have them!! , currently looking at the af53 from alden of carmel. i heard that shell cordovan are sized slightly larger ?.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

pardon for the bad picture , these are the Chromexcel work  boots from roden gray ,could not get mine hands on the roy boots and found these in roden gray,
just downtown Vancouver and realized that i got to have them!! , currently looking at the af53 from alden of carmel. i heard that shell cordovan are sized slightly larger ?.

Nice boots.

Shell Cordovan does not stretch as much as Calf-Skin or Chromexcel. Thus when they last the shoes, they are not able to pull the leather as tightly over the last and therefor they run a little larger in the same size. I would only alter my size if the non-Shell model is already slightly loose. The difference is not that huge.

-Mike

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First cordovan purchase! Stoneman Chukka in #8.

Chukkas in #8 are one of my favorites and very underrated IMO. Add in commando, antique welt, and exposed agatine eyelets and your maiden voyage into shell was a great choice. Enjoy.

100 yrs

Reaction score

Yes Anatomica is fantastic. Expensive but you won't find modified last shell many other places. One thing......be prepared for them to tell you not to size down ( contrary to conventional wisdom here). After spending 2 hours there I bought 2 pair, walked out of the shop in one and walked 3 miles back to my hotel. They felt more comfortable than my Nike frees and still do . I measure 10.5 C but my arch is an 11. They insisted I was a 10.5 C and........they were spot on. They stock C widths which is another reason I bit the bullet on the exchange hit from Euros.

exact same experience. was recently there and left with two pair. i measure a 9D but with a low volume foot with long arch, and they fit me in a 9C and i walked several miles out to dinner afterwards with no problems. i am completely satisfied even though the exchange rate blows and i will likely never see that VAT refund.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First cordovan purchase! Stoneman Chukka in #8.
Very nice. That photo looks a little dark, but in store next to Unionmade's Color 8 WT and cap toe, that is the lightest and best (IMO) shade currently stocked.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been leaning toward the 2210, but my ravello version may serve that role in my wardrobe.  Was thinking of trying something new, like the black shell monochromatic saddle.  Recent pics of the color 8 straight tip blucher and the black shell wingtip boot have also captured my attention.  Uncle's black wingtip bal (Tremont) also looks enticing.  I'm such a sucker for the pics on this thread!

Thanks for your feedback, SFTG.

You are quite welcome.

For a model that can transition seamlessly from professional business dress to business casual, the color 8 straight tip blucher is about as good as it gets. :nodding:

coinopcollector

Reaction score
Stopped in at Alden Madison yesterday on trip to NYC. I was told there were no "rare" (I use that word loosely here) shell colors available with the exception of one size 12 Chukka in whiskey. They also still had the Color 8 SW Boot with commando sole on the shelf.

gannonyu

Reaction score

Wow, they look great.  Thought for a second they were cigar.  Congrats on a great score!  Enjoy often and in great health my friend...

Chukkas in #8 are one of my favorites and very underrated IMO. Add in commando, antique welt, and exposed agatine eyelets and your maiden voyage into shell was a great choice. Enjoy.

Very nice. That photo looks a little dark, but in store next to Unionmade's Color 8 WT and cap toe, that is the lightest and best (IMO) shade currently stocked. 

Thanks! Really appreciating the small details (and the commando sole for the weather on the west coast).
The guys at unionmade were amazing... they mislabeled the price but still honored the deal. Scored them for a deep discount :)

erbs

Reaction score
Does anyone currently have a lined CXL chukka in stock? I know J Gilbert did a plaza version a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads