• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Shell boots today:

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Touche`

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#8 shell captoe to natty CXL boot shows the amazing versatility that Alden can span. Love it!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty CXL Brixton boots

Nice. Just wondering - are all of Alden's SW boots called "Brixton" or is that just what Epaulet calls theirs? Is there any difference between a Brixton boot and an "ordinary" SW boot?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Just wondering - are all of Alden's SW boots called "Brixton" or is that just what Epaulet calls theirs? Is there any difference between a Brixton boot and an "ordinary" SW boot?
Brixton is a term for a particular SW Boot makeup by Epaulet

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brixton is a term for a particular SW Boot makeup by Epaulet

Yep, the Brixton has a flat 360 welt and all eyelets with a double leather sole, and I think almost always has antique edging. There may have been an oxblood calf pair that had a dark edge trim but I'm not 100% sure

mbaum

Reaction score
It's from Newport Beach (The pic does kinda look like it could be on the Mediterranean Sea). Thanks, I picked up a bunch of BB argyles form a big sale of theirs about two months ago.

Looks like Crystal Cove/ Newport Coast area between Newport and Laguna Beach. Staying at the Marriott up there? Enjoy SoCal.

Mike

movoblast

Reaction score
For those who think that #8 is king, if you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?
I wonder if it's an age thing. Maybe it's also because I don't have to wear suits/ business casual? I agree with epc2 that cigar is much more versatile. I think cigar (dark edge) and #8 can be dressed up equally, but dressing down cigar is much easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads