• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! They are aging into a lovely butterscotch

Denim is Somet. I own way too much denim but these are likely my favorite pair. @NewYorkIslander is a huge fan as well and he there up some pics recently in the Somet thread of some great fading he is getting
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...acturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Thx Ryden I have been looking for something with a bigger thigh yet still quite tapered, this might just fit the bill, we'll see after I do some measuring (The high rise worries me a bit). I do own the PBJ XX-013JP and they are way too tight on me nowadays due to the gym. Partly the reason my past two pairs of denim have been Unbranded, I can't afford to keep replacing $300+ denim haha

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, my PBJ's are pretty tight as well but still work for me. Size for thighs is my personal denim mantra. Somet's will likely be perfect for you. They are super high quality; I have literally been living in them since I got them in January. Blue in Green doesn't post it on their site but if you call them they will authorize a return if the sizing doesn't fit so long as you don't wear them for a few weeks and create any fading

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Whiskey for me today.
Ravello chukka to start the week
Nice exotics today, boys. I'm in run o the mill #8 today.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how casual you guys can dress during the week. Whiskey and ravello, chukkas and PTBs, etc, I can't really wear any of that Monday-Thursday and am starting to feel left out. The most daring I can get is really ravello tassels or cigar captoe balmorals.

I can wear cordovan bluchers on Friday, but these days, given the season, I'm generally in suede or a CXL LHS on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I pull out the whiskey PTB or cigar longwings on the weekends occasionally, but even that is pretty rare, especially since I am generally in shorts on the weekend and I haven't even worn denim in three weeks...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how casual you guys can dress during the week. Whiskey and ravello, chukkas and PTBs, etc, I can't really wear any of that Monday-Thursday and am starting to feel left out. The most daring I can get is really ravello tassels or cigar captoe balmorals.

I can wear cordovan bluchers on Friday, but these days, given the season, I'm generally in suede or a CXL LHS on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I pull out the whiskey PTB or cigar longwings on the weekends occasionally, but even that is pretty rare, especially since I am generally in shorts on the weekend and I haven't even worn denim in three weeks...
I work in startups in the natural food space so my work environment is a bit unique. Typically I am the most "dressed up" person and I am in denim, a OCBD and a nice pair of shoes

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in a biz-cas environment and I'm actually wearing navy linen trousers (with a crease, so from a distance they look relatively formal) along with snuff suede chukkas. Nobody bats an eye here to stuff like this.

shaunw

Reaction score
I work in startups in the natural food space so my work environment is a bit unique. Typically I am the most "dressed up" person and I am in denim, a OCBD and a nice pair of shoes

I'm in environmental consulting, my work attire is the same as yours.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

I'm fortunate to be the one who gets to make the dress code 8^)

Jeans, nice shoes/boots and a button down is the current standard here, and fortunately the home base in Europe is pretty much the same....

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in a biz-cas environment and I'm actually wearing navy linen trousers (with a crease, so from a distance they look relatively formal) along with snuff suede chukkas. Nobody bats an eye here to stuff like this.

Jeans, nice shoes/boots and a button down is the current standard here, and fortunately the home base in Europe is pretty much the same....
Biz casual here, and I am always the most dressed.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Biz casual for me too. I am probably the most casual, but still the best dressed.

Calikid

Reaction score
Did you have these resoled? I have not seen the modified with a storm welt other than on the Indy....
Yes, I had them resoled at B. Nelson with Brown Dainite with midsole and went from 270 degree welt to 360 degree welt.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cigar LHS today

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That only makes sense, since most Ohio State grads are unemployed. (Of course, I'm a U. of Michigan alumnus)
deadhorse-a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics