1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

:fu: :fu: :fu:

I ordered the unlined PTB from Kafka and a Barbour jacket (300gbp + 138gbp).
    UPS just tried to deliver and collect $212 duty. I said "um, no" so the driver said to call and try to clear it up and he'd deliver later.
    Called UPS and they were pretty much worthless. Said the package was $900 and described as "men's clothing".
    They were absolutely no help trying to get it corrected. They said to contact shipper and try to get a corrected invoice.

2. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

Thanks! Those are my findings as well. Should have done a bit more research. It can be a half size smaller, but will do. Good fit when wearing socks.

3. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Usually shell models are roomier as the material doesn't stretch over the last as much as other leathers.

1 person likes this.
  4. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Nice! Love those boots and welcome to the club! You'll love them and will definitely get plenty of years out of them [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Congrats on getting the Color #8 PCT Boots. Here is my pair, from Leffot. @sazon and I were the Alden Navy today...

Alden x Leffot Naval Boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

6 people like this.
  6. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Mike, those are gorgeous. What width did you that in those?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  8. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

Beautiful boots! I love the antique edge!

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
    Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
    NST or tanker
    Barrie last
    Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:

[​IMG]

10. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Shell fits loose, suede fits tight. I'd say it's more material than pattern.

11. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

As far as I know, you want the Leffot Tanker as it matches the specs you have provided in the picture. Unfortunately for you, the preorder was last month and sold out in four minutes. Better luck next year. :(

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

That looks like the Leffot Color 8 Tanker. They do a run maybe once a year and the preorder was a few weeks ago (and was gone in less than 15 minutes). Context also does the taken (with a reverse split welt) and they now do an antique welt, too. I don't know of any other retailers who do the tanker with antique on barrie. And I haven't heard anyone do a ravello NST except shoemart but those are on aberdeen.

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

Haha that's bananas! Ugh.

I'm have a pair of suede Aberdeen shoes that are really comfortable so maybe that's an option (Grant is too tight) .

Thanks for the info guys!

14. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I have a pair of hand sewn suede Rancourts in 8d and they're smaller than the same shoe in cxl in size 7.5b. The material can make a huge difference.

15. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Yep, the color 8 NST with antique edging on Barrie last is by Leffot, which the pre-order happened recently so might be a few months until it comes around next.

Speaking of Aberdeen last, I saw this make up from Brick & Mortar:
    31. Color 8 Shell Cordovan Norwegian Front Boot, Aberdeen last, commando sole.
    Sizes available for pre-order, December/January delivery:
    D width: 8, 8 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/2, 11

Could ask Yenni (yenni@brickmortarseattle.com) for the specifics if it's antique edge versus black, etc.

16. breck81

breck81 Senior member

Alden Madison also does this makeup with storm welt as opposed to Leffot flat welt. I'm not aware they have any in production since the last run wasn't too long ago. I'd give them a call and see if they have plans to do it again.

17. fal32

fal32 Senior member

Does anyone know if the Leffot Naval Boot is the same sizing as the J Crew color 8 PCT?

18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I was told $50 COD for my LWB. Does that sound right? I know these shouldn't be taxed with customs, but that seems kind of stiff for a broker fee.

Damn UPS. I told them to re deliver to the UPS store around the corner from me.

19. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Thanks NAMOR. They are 10.5B.

As others covered it pretty well, you can do Context, Leffot or Madison for Barrie version. Leffot has a flat welt, the others have a split reverse. Or you can do the Aberdeen version with Yenni from B&M.

Both are on the Barrie and should fit the same.

1 person likes this.
  20. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

As others have mentioned, this is the Leffot tanker and getting one can be challenging. Try Context. They have a preorder for a very similar boot, though the order has yet to be confirmed by Alden. Ignore the picture on their website with the dark edge. As the text indicates, the restock will come with antique edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.