• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Wow, thats a jump, good luck to him. I was eyeing his Cigar NST 6 eyelets. First was no sale at 700, now at 680. Guess I have a few more months to wait. Some of his are reasonable though.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some dunderhead is trying to flip a pair of #4 Atoms (short wing bluchers) for $2,000 on eBay. Fellows, I am all for free market capitalism and the like, but if you are asking that kind of price for used shoes, they should at least be refurbished.

Best of luck to the optimistic seller and any marks willing to meet that price for a used shoe. Smh...

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some dunderhead is trying to flip a pair of #4 Atoms (short wing bluchers) for $2,000 on eBay. Fellows, I am all for free market capitalism and the like, but if you are asking that kind of price for used shoes, they should at least be refurbished.

Best of luck to the optimistic seller and any marks willing to meet that price for a used shoe. Smh...
you must have missed the boots that went for over 3K 2 weeks ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Color...srX2EKdXlraCzgYdl0lAE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not miss them. I saw that successful sale and still find it curious at best.

This is what we call in my profession "dumb money". When Alden reverses course and reissues special batches of Color #4 shoes, these purchasers will realize they overpaid handsomely. Moreover, at that price, you could probably commission or purchase shell of this color from Horween, deliver it to a higher-end maker, and have new MTO shoes made.

I do not get it. Paying a price that would otherwise get you approximately three pairs of other "rare" shell.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ A $2k BIN with best offer will likely result in a much different actual selling price.

Last edited:

intensanity

Reaction score
Cigar CTs Maiden Voyage. Had to get these out before the full NYC summer hits.

gsgleason

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of new color 8 4020HC from Citishoes. I've been looking for a #8 NST boot for a while and was super happy to hear they actually had one in my size! They included woodlore epic twin tube trees, but they don't really fit the barrie last so I'm not sure what to do with them.

Last edited:

gsgleason

Reaction score

Those are nice. I wish I would have gotten in on that.

My obsessive particular nature wishes you would fix the twist in the laces, though.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar LWB

Sold a pair of these before. Regretted it. Now I've corrected that mistake thanks to Alden NYC...

asudymar.jpg

y3edaga8.jpg

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome boots - enjoy them. They were my first Alden boot purchase and I wore them extensively the first year or two I owned them. They are very versatile and will get a lot of complements. After acquiring more brown/color 8 boots on commando soles, I have sold mine (for not that much less than I bought them three years ago) as I probably only wore them three the past twelve months. However, I could see myself getting in on another run a few years from now...

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar LWB

Sold a pair of these before. Regretted it. Now I've corrected that mistake thanks to Alden NYC...

asudymar.jpg

y3edaga8.jpg

I think out of all the pics I've seen from the most recent Cigar LWB run from NYC, yours are the best shade. Mine look a little darker than yours, I was hoping they would have been a little lighter.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maiden voyage of new color 8 4020HC from Citishoes. I've been looking for a #8 NST boot for a while and was super happy to hear they actually had one in my size! They included woodlore epic twin tube trees, but they don't really fit the barrie last so I'm not sure what to do with them.

Black vs antique edge makes a huge difference on color 8 shoes. These look entirely different than the Leffot tankers (which I have)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics