• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katch

Reaction score
Quote:
Those tassels look great and of course it is tassel season.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree and disagree with the whole "PSA I'm selling something" thing. I don't mind because I only check the marketplace maybe once every couple weeks. I do mind because if we let it go then this thread becomes another Marketplace.

I think that it is also against StyleForum rules, although I haven't actually read the Terms of Service, so can't say for sure.

Yes, it is against the rules. I've only seen it enforced by other members. Unless there is other diciplinary action being taken.

People can be banned from the forum for it

It has been taken care of. Enough already.

I am not bothered by it in the least. In the same manner I am not bothered in the least when guys don't use the spoiler function.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been taken care of. Enough already.

I am not bothered by it in the least. In the same manner I am not bothered in the least when guys don't use the spoiler function.

It doesn't ruin my day either, but it was probably a good thing to have been brought up so that others are aware of the possible repercussions.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, I've been holding off getting some Ravello. I need get moving. Those are spectacular.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To psa or not to psa...

I don't mind "these are for sale" because my iPhone sf mobile version does not show member signature sale items. I find a quick message harmless.

I LOVE "buy it now" ebay psa. I recall someone recently posting a whiskey nst eBay listing with a buy it now. Someone else posted rare aoc whiskey - mahogany saddles, awesome. Not their auction, someone else scored a great pair.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It doesn't ruin my day either, but it was probably a good thing to have been brought up so that others are aware of the possible repercussions.

Maybe you've define the word differently than I, but there were no repercussions, at least not to me. Maybe an annoyance that something that was done strictly to benefit the community was turned into something self-serving. I was probably going to take a $50 hit by my math but that was fine with me because I have been helped so much by this community. All good and I certainly don't want to sound as if I have been injured. But repercussions? I don't think so.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To psa or not to psa...

I don't mind "these are for sale" because my iPhone sf mobile version does not show member signature sale items. I find a quick message harmless.

I LOVE "buy it now" ebay psa. I recall someone recently posting a whiskey nst eBay listing with a buy it now. Someone else posted rare aoc whiskey - mahogany saddles, awesome. Not their auction, someone else scored a great pair.
I'm in the same camp.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Especially when the member is clearly trying to unload a pair of popular shell to help out the community.

I recently purchased a pair of whiskeys that I would otherwise missed out on if I didn't see a brief message on here first.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:

Cigar shell PTBs. Aberdeen last. Many sizes available. Call Alex Lockett at Harrison Limited (harrisonlimited.com; 205-870-3882).

(Never seen a PTB on the Aberdeen but I made him repeat it to be sure.)

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No harm in one quick message to help out the community. You can score some good deals on here.

The marketplace is so bogged down with bumps and disorganized merchandise it's pathetic.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any pictures of cigar PTB in the Aberdeen last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads