• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalair1

Reaction score
For what its worth I got in on the AOC Ravello LWB order. I got in on the Leffot order too. That means I have every color of Alden LWB but #2 and #4. Do you think I can catch one of those in the next 10-15 years while I still give a damn?

See Ya,
Steve

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice looking PTBs. I like the look of snuff on the Dover pattern, but I already have them in tan suede, so I think I have that basis covered already.

-Mike
Mike,

that cold seems to have really affected you...of course you need both!! ;)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Whiskey LWB today:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear #aldenArmy brothers are getting in on some rare shell orders! Some great pics on the the thread the past few days.

King of Kings today for me.

meowmix1891

Reaction score
For what its worth I got in on the AOC Ravello LWB order. I got in on the Leffot order too. That means I have every color of Alden LWB but #2 and #4. Do you think I can catch one of those in the next 10-15 years while I still give a damn?

See Ya,
Steve
I got in on the AoC Ravellos as well. I want the cigars too, but in my humble 6 shoe rotation, I only have 1 pair of bluchers which are the 975s. Had I ordered both the ravello and cigars, all 3 of my bluchers would have all been LWBs. I know that as my shoe collection grows, I will kick myself for not purchasing the cigar LWBs, but for now, I need to work on diversifying my shoe wardrobe. Hopefully the opportunity to purchase cigar LWBs presents itself again in a year or so.

meowmix1891

Reaction score
Anyone looking to broaden their horizons should check out Carmina's sale section. They have 50% off shipping this month to the US which makes their sale shoes a steal if you wear the right size.

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/

I remember someone picked up a pair of their cognac shell LWBs a while back. I'm tempted since they have my size but would love to see pictures.
I don't see any shell offerings on sale. Am I looking in the wrong section?

totalair1

Reaction score
Theres not many shells on sale. I saw 1. They do have lots of shell shoe offering at the reduced shipping cost, but not on sale.

See Ya,
Steve

totalair1

Reaction score
I got in on the AoC Ravellos as well. I want the cigars too, but in my humble 6 shoe rotation, I only have 1 pair of bluchers which are the 975s. Had I ordered both the ravello and cigars, all 3 of my bluchers would have all been LWBs. I know that as my shoe collection grows, I will kick myself for not purchasing the cigar LWBs, but for now, I need to work on diversifying my shoe wardrobe. Hopefully the opportunity to purchase cigar LWBs presents itself again in a year or so.
I think cigar shell LWB will be attainable in the future. Ravello seems to be the hardest to get out of the 3 rare shell colors still being made.

I've seen a lot of talk about old Ravello vs. new Ravello, and old Cigar vs. new cigar. I'm of the opinion that every batch is different. If you think about it...Horween gets shipment of shell in year round. I doubt the area where the shells are dipped into vats is precisely temperature controlled. If you consider the wide temperature variance in Chicago...it has to impact the rate the hide absorbs the color. In addition I would think each hide is different in how fat or slow it absorbs color. No doubt darker colors hide imperfections better.

All I'm saying is my recent Cigar LWB, and Cigar CT boots are 2 shades of cigar and I like them both. Anybody waiting on a perfect color range is dreaming. I've seen a wide variance in the recent rare colors within the same group. It's mainly luck of the draw IMHO.

See Ya,
Steve

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up making an audible and swapping my Tan Suede LHS' for the Snuff Suede PTBs (My wear is super casual and I think these will get more use over time. I'll probably get the LHSes eventually too!) Maiden voyage for my first pair of Aldens!

Nice looking PTBs. I like the look of snuff on the Dover pattern, but I already have them in tan suede, so I think I have that basis covered already.

-Mike

I have unlined PTBs in snuff and tan. I really like both colors.

chickenfark

Reaction score
Just took my snuff suede dovers out for their firstwalk today. While I love them, I just noticed this. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

it's completely different colors and the texture is different.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Just took my snuff suede dovers out for their firstwalk today. While I love them, I just noticed this. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

it's completely different colors and the texture is different.
Brush them (with a suede brush) in a direction that lays the nap in a similar way. The color and texture should be the same afterward.

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score

I don't see any shell offerings on sale. Am I looking in the wrong section?

Theres not many shells on sale.  I saw 1.  They do have lots of shell shoe offering at the reduced shipping cost, but not on sale.

See Ya,
Steve

Steve is correct. Sorry for not being more clear. The shells I referred to were full price.

chickenfark

Reaction score
Quote:
Brush them (with a suede brush) in a direction that lays the nap in a similar way. The color and texture should be the same afterward.
Thanks for the suggestion, of course, I can't find my suede brush right now, but once I do I'll update. I also took some more close ups. Thanks for the help!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I still have one or two in front of me for that ravello LWB run in a 7.5d. Ahh!!! Congrats to those who will get them! Whiskey and ravello are my favorite LWBs. Great looking pics fellas!

Also, I love these dover and PTB suede pics. The dover in suede (snuff probably) is on my short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads