1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lol at metal shank terror. Imagine if all alden indy boot owners made a run at the airports. We would have the airline industry at the mercy of our dangerous boots

2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thanks gents. Hope y'all are enjoying your Friday...

3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Wow, this must be the K9 version of the newest Alden Cordovan models:

[​IMG]

Also, the new Horween Woven Shell Cordovan in Black and Color #4. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Beautiful boots, RTP. I've had my pair for about a year and sadly have only worn them once around the house. For whatever reason I have always reached for something else in a green Alden box.

5. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

So I finally got my first pair of Aldens today from the shoe mart. They are shell #8 WT boots in the barrie last, I sized down half a size like is usually recommended, they fit really perfectly except for a little bit of tightness right at the bottom of the tongue where it is sewn into the vamp.

QUESTION: will that get softer, loosen up over time? Or do I need to return the boots? Just to reiterate, everything else about the fit of the boots seems absolutely perfect and this is all I'm worried about (and only a little), but I haven't walked around in the or laced them up for fear that they would crease and I wouldn't be able to return them, that one area just feels a little bit tight.

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

7. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

RTP-These the ones that showed up at Alden DC? I was was there the day they showed up and tipped everyone off. They did not have my size :) Awesome boot!

Steve

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Wear them bro! Thanks...

They are indeed. Thanks man!

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That will most likely loosen up over time. The shell will stretch slightly and the cork footbed will compress as they mold to your foot. If the aren't painful right now I think you'll be OK in the long run.

10. chinngiskhaan

thanks! Knowing there is a cork footbed helps (don't know why that didn't cross my mind), if my foot sinks even just ever so slightly I think they'll be perfectly fine. I assume the leather becomes less rigid overtime (less so than calf). I think I'll be fine.

11. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I've broken in untold number of heavy work boots and I had a trick I used for hotspots . Buy some moleskin at the drugstore and just use it in the areas that are bothered for the first few wearings . That is all it usually takes to get you through that initial break in

12. chinngiskhaan

thanks for the advice!

13. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Had to re-order color 8 LWBs for size reasons. Waited forever until Leffot offered antique edges again, then had to wait forever for them to come in. Arrived today on blue jeans Friday. After all these years, I still say they're the best-looking shoes ever made.

Having my first child, a son, in two months. Looking forward to the day I can hand him these shoes to wear to his high school graduation - and all his adventures thereafter.

Cheers

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. Don L

Don L Senior member

Pure sex RTP. Those are gorgeous

1 person likes this.
  15. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I actually was not on the preorder for the plaza boots but bought in after it was switched over to Grant :D

Thanks Saz.
    I went with my regular Barrie size and found them to fit me similar to all my Barrie boots. That's a real bummer they don't have your size, they are beauties!

I'm glad they didn't fit you bwahahahaha

16. gr789

gr789 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Deep purple, plain toe #8 goodness

2 people like this.
  17. chinngiskhaan

Finally worked up the nerve to lace them up and walk around and the previously mentioned pressure is gone. They fit like an absolute dream and I couldn't possibly be happier.

18. WSJ1

WSJ1 Senior member

Maiden voyage. Leydon is my new favorite last.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I stopped at Alden DC this week and had a great visit with Kathy. She's such a great asset to us Alden addicts. I was looking around the store and stumbled across some really nice discontinued driving mocs that are no longer made by Alden. They are really nice in IMHO. Originally around $250 and model H154, on sale for $150. They run a little small, but have E widths. These are in snuff suede, and they have another in slightly lighter color. They a decent amount of sizes left. A real gem I was not aware Alden made.

Steve

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

The cork foot bed will compress under your foot, increasing internal volume. It might be a painful ride until you get there though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.