• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

movoblast

Reaction score
DC has a list. Whether they will get made is an entirely different issue.
I asked to be put on that list last week (#4 or 5 on the waitlist I believe), but never asked the specifics. I know they're gonna be on double water soles. When do we find out if it will go through?

circleslife

Reaction score
I asked to be put on that list last week (#4 or 5 on the waitlist I believe), but never asked the specifics. I know they're gonna be on double water soles. When do we find out if it will go through?
I believe the list is a few months old. Only 2 in each size, and even at that they don't know if or when it will go through.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe the list is a few months old. Only 2 in each size, and even at that they don't know if or when it will go through. 

I've heard from a very reliable source that the DC Ravello LWBs are in production

circleslife

Reaction score
I've heard from a very reliable source that the DC Ravello LWBs are in production
That's awesome. Thanks sazon. Another grail for me.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
Good thinking! Thank you!
Yep - I took the article as a positive, not negative at all.

That's what I took from the article also. Sounds very encouraging, provided you are ready and able to pull some triggers when items enter the market...

Sure looks like we are being set up (marketer's dream-come-true)
That's what I meant to say in my post. You're just a lot more eloquent haha! Well thought out!
So now the question is, return these cigar LWB's to theshoemart and wait for what I really want (ravello lwb)?
First time in my life somebody's accused me of being eloquent! Keep the Cigars, and worry about Ravello when and if it actually happens...

Thanks for parsing it. Hopefully the craze will subside by year's end as well with more stock coming up. It's insane how every Leffot shell order is sold out within minutes of it going live.
Only time will tell - but it can't hurt. @ReppTiePrepster is correct, this is a sales and marketing dream come true - more demand than supply is an enviable position to be in regardless of market segment.

Thank you! Yes I'm aware, and find the shell thing a little ridiculous. That said, I do have some shell boots on pre-order, but none of my current models are constructed with it. I don't necessarily feel like I'm missing out since my office is very casual and I feel that many cordovan shoes would look out of place there.
I am a 100% business casual office in the US and Europe and I wear shell with both Denim and Chinos all the time. Some cordovan boots or LWB + Denim is a great look IMO, my favorite shoe at this moment is my Whiskey SW balmoral paired with some dark raw denim...

Last edited:

Bbombers85

Reaction score

They are in production, but there's no confirmation on how many pairs they will get. At worst it's 2 pairs, I believe. At best, maybe 5-6.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Greetings gentlemen! Longtime lurker, first time poster. Quite a dynamic and informative group you have here! I'll have to post more of my collection soon, but for now, here is a beautiful pair of chukkas in snuff suede that just arrived...
Those are beautiful. Love the lighting and contrast in the pic.

tampatravel

Reaction score
My Ashland Leather Little Louis at Pass-a-Grille beach today - its the only shell you can bring to the beach!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

They are in production, but there's no confirmation on how many pairs they will get. At worst it's 2 pairs, I believe. At best, maybe 5-6.

Pretty certain it is only 2 per size that are being made in the current run. They already have a list going for the next run, no clue when those will be done. Probably 2015. I believe the current run is on the double Waterlock sole, but I got confused when she was explaining to me the story to be honest.

-Mike

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty certain it is only 2 per size that are being made in the current run. They already have a list going for the next run, no clue when those will be done. Probably 2015. I believe the current run is on the double Waterlock sole, but I got confused when she was explaining to me the story to be honest.

-Mike

For the shell LWB, the double Waterlock might be my favorite.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Repp.,These are from Haberdash they have the darker edge which I also like better and double waterlock soles.
Very cool. I wish I had seen these first as they are a little cheaper and have the double waterlock soles. I got mine from TSM and they have the standard double leather soles. Oh well, still very happy with mine!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the shell LWB, the double Waterlock might be my favorite.

Hmmm. I have none on double Waterlock. The #2's are 1.5 Waterlock. All the rest of mine are double leather.

-M

I have ravello LWBs on double Waterlock. From Alden DC a couple years ago. Just called them up one day and got lucky. I was told they didn't order them with Waterlock but that is how they arrived. My cigar, 8, black, and whiskey are on double leather. I like the fact that getting them wet matters not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads