• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, seven. This was going to be one of my next moves. I just need to help the BB associates understand that this is actually a possibility :)
Good luck on that. I've had a hard time convincing BB associates that the sky is blue.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy a 9C.
nod%5B1%5D.gif

With all Alden loafers I go down in width to prevent heel slippage.

Thanks, seven. This was going to be one of my next moves. I just need to help the BB associates understand that this is actually a possibility :)

You are welcome.
BB offers some of its offerings in D and E only, and some they offer in A thru E.
Most BB SA's know nothing about Alden.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Seven,

Did you read that correctly?

BB last usually run tigher? For example,

So Barrie 8.5D = BB PTB 8.5E?
Hampton 9D = BB captoe 9E?

docalden2013

Reaction score
Good luck on that. I've had a hard time convincing BB associates that the sky is blue.

You are welcome.
BB offers some of its offerings in D and E only, and some they offer in A thru E.
No offense to any BB associates reading this, but I'm still chuckling a bit about my takeaway experience in BB yesterday in which I asked for confirmation that the tassel loafers were indeed on Alden's Aberdeen last. The associate told me they were made by the "cordovan" company.
puzzled.gif

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Here's another vote for that makeup (#8 NST boot on Plaza, commando sole). I'm on the J Gilbert list for the next run, last thing I heard was hopefully later this year.
They don't do preorders, right? Like, the nonrefundable deposits that Leffot takes. I will call to be put on the list. And, to hear what Yenni sounds like. She was really nice via email.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense to any BB associates reading this, but I'm still chuckling a bit about my takeaway experience in BB yesterday in which I asked for confirmation that the tassel loafers were indeed on Alden's Aberdeen last. The associate told me they were made by the "cordovan" company. :puzzled:
What kills me is not that they are so often dead wrong. It's that smug confidence with which they deliver that dead wrong info. I'll stop now...

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are welcome.

No offense to any BB associates reading this, but I'm still chuckling a bit about my takeaway experience in BB yesterday in which I asked for confirmation that the tassel loafers were indeed on Alden's Aberdeen last. The associate told me they were made by the "cordovan" company. :puzzled:

The shell tassels are on the Aberdeen. I am 100% certain of it.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

They don't do preorders, right? Like, the nonrefundable deposits that Leffot takes.

I will call to be put on the list. And, to hear what Yenni sounds like. She was really nice via email.

Yes. J Gilbert takes a deposit for pre-orders.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those of you that wear your LHS sockless - would you also wear your tassel loafers sockless? My color 8 full straps have replaced my ravello tassels as my "dress loafers" for suits... Thinking about making the tassels a bit more casual
I've done it before but not very frequently...

I think it works, thoughts??

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if BB's suede dovers are the same as the stock Alden model? Otherwise, what last? Same question about their milkshake "indy" shoe.
Suede dovers are lined and have exposed eyelets (on barrie last also). They feel VERY similar to the unlined version.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

And I believe their current policy is full payment up front.

I believe that is only for orders that are less than 6 months out. Anything longer and Yenni told me $200 deposit is adequate. At least that was last year. Maybe it has changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads