***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

Just visited that store and got a pair of their longwings. Really great people and a seriously impressive selection of Alden's. Best I've seen in person in one place.

2. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

Just visited that store and got a pair of their longwings. Really great people and a seriously impressive selection of Alden's. Best I've seen in person in one place.

really liking the cigar shell...very nice.

Thanks, I love cigar shell in general, but cigar shell for the longwings really blew me away. Huge fan.

LeatherSoul is probably my favorite store on the planet. I have never been there in person, but I deal with Tom a lot via email. Great selection and great service and the people absolutely rock.[​IMG]

3. kashuken

kashuken Active Member

I'm lusting after a pair of AF86 (suede long wing) from Alden Carmel. Anybody has pictures to share besides the stock pics?

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Leather Soul also has a suede long wing that I have been lusting after. You can't go wrong with either store.

5. walneal

walneal Senior member

6. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

rbny Senior member

Has anybody seen these bad boys in person? Is it worthy of my dollars? Customer service told me the color is "greyish brown" so am not sure if I'll like it.

[​IMG]

Great pair! Mine were a very dark brown that lightened a bit. I had them for awhile but got them a half size too small. I did an all day hiking (and it snowed) trip with about 45 pounds of gear with the AF64 since I forgot to pack my hiking boots and they held out well on the trail when I wore them with thick/padded hiking socks. Although they do not compare to a modern-desgined hiking boot for off/on trail use, especially with moderate to heavy loads, they worked better than I expected. The vibram soles are well designed, supportive and held up well on bad weather and uneven terrain. The boot last, however was too soft and the boot flexed quite a bit on varied surfaces. The oil-treated leather was suprisingly water-resistant and kept my feet dry for most of the day.

I'm actually thinking of purchasing another pair (this time in the right size [​IMG] ) for this fall/winter to wear with jeans on the weekends.

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

I was at the wax museum in san francisco when i was on vacation, they had harrison ford ala indiana jones in there... he was wearing some legit aldens... just like in the movie...

kinda cool that they actually got the right boots just for the wax museum

9. littlebeast

littlebeast Active Member

Does anyone have the # for the nyc alden store, and do they take phone orders???

10. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

I dunno if they take phone orders but for the love of god just google Alden nyc and get the number that way.

11. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

They will gladly do phone orders, but if you can't figure out how to find the phone number... yikes.

12. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

13. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

wondering is anyone can identify this model of Alden. From what i have gathered calling the store, they are an old pair the model's grandfather passed them down to him

[​IMG]

http://www.shopdetour.com/product/ap...ouser-blk.html
    pic of the back of them on this page

thanks

14. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

wondering is anyone can identify this model of Alden.
    looks like a six-eyelet ankle boot? hard to say because it is laced kinda funny (straight laced, every other eyelet). something like this?

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Do they make a cap-toe boot with a rubber or cork sole?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.