• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar Shell Cordovan LHS for a Saturday out... Good choice today BeSpiffington! The DV shot... :) Well, I guess if I truly wanted a DV shot, I could have walked 5 more feet to my lawn...
-Mike
Sweet loafers mdubs.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing cream chinos and a white OCBD with a brown windowpane sportscoat today...

Should I wear
1) snuff suede chukkas sockless
2) whiskey PTB
3) cigar LWB

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello SWB today

and indoors

My goodness man, those are beautiful.

IronStyle

Reaction score

Thanks, be. I use my mitt to dust off my shoes before and after wearing.

I'm thinking of picking up this mitt from Leffot, but do you feel any difference in using this than a horsehair brush? Just trying to figure out if it's just fun to use or actually helpful without duplicating efforts with a horsehair brush.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
COMPARING CIGARS - 10.5D Grant vs. 10.0D Barrie (w/ a little 10.5D Tremont thrown in)

I was asked to compare the fit of the cigar shoes that I posted yesterday by PM and figured others may be interested in my general observations:

Truthfully I had not tried on either pair, so I figured since I was asked specifically I would take a few minutes out from yard work give my thoughts on the fit comparison.

I am wearing the Grant CT on my right foot and the Barrie LWB on my left as I type this; I started with the opposite shoes to compare, they are the same - meaning my feet are reasonably symmetrical. These are the first steps in the shoes indoors on carpet, to take it for what its worth.

Basically the 10.0D Barrie LWB is more how I prefer my shoes to fit - it fits correctly everywhere, and my toes are not constrained. I like this fit a lot - my Context Tankers are perfect in 10.0D (as are my Whiskey SW Bals in 10.5D)

On the 10.5D Grant CT, I would say the fit is more snug across the toe box and arch of my foot - I can feel light pressure on my pinkie toe and that does not exist on the Barrie. I would not say it doesn't fit (it does) - its just slightly more snug across the toe box, a 10.5E or 11D may have more closely approximated the fit of the LWB on Barrie. Now, once the foot bed settles in, this is may become a moot point - so for me its a non issue, they fit well, just the toe box is more snug in the Grant CT.

I have a pair of 10.5D on Plaza coming - so I am wondering how these will work out...

One thing I love about the Whiskey 10.5D on Tremont is how supportive the shoe feels on my foot - its almost like that last was made from my foot. No Barrle lasted shoe I and ever tried on is similar to the Tremont for me. Grant is similarly supportive - its just more snug across the toe box.

If in a month the Grant lasted CT does not fit me comfortably, somebody here can buy them; I'm not concerned with buying and selling these types of shoes with all of the sharks in the water...

Cheers,
BN

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to show the variation in Cigar SC, my chukkas vs NSTs. Chukkas are much greener, which I like as it contrasts more with my PRL (Garran and McCallum) and #8 SC chukkas.

NSTs much darker than my Marlow bluchers and wingtips, so a nice contrast there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads