• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adebisi

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=9068]2014-05-1722.24.00.jpg (1,364k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]My last purchase. ...
Alden for Old England.........
[ATTACHMENT=9069]2014-05-1722.23.38.jpg (1,302k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT].

docalden2013

Reaction score
Sorry if my edge trim comment is too controversial in light of recent discussions
don't you think we should stop feeding the rydenfan?
rimshot.gif

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

They don't get much love here (or, I assume, in real life considering the sale price Haberdash seems to always have going on them), but I'm a big fan of my milkshade suede Indy shoe (even if the pictures didn't turn out that great):
Those are rather cool. I don't think that I could pull them off. Plus I think I would get them super dirty quick.
Just got these in, was expecting the color to be a bit lighter based on pictures I've seen. Does Ravello usually lighten over time, or were these just from a darker batch of shell?
I hope they lighten up for you, the Ravello LWBs I got from DC in the summer was the same shade and has already lightened up a little.
Enjoying this weather.
Those are nice, but the white laces are rather contrast-y...
That's a lovely shade, perfect for the Summer. Reminds me of my cap toe Tan suede I will have to break out shortly.
I really love tan suede. These shoes are awesome!
I was recently on a tour at the Louisville Slugger plant in Louisville. I found it strange that the woman using the lathe could probably not even swing a bat or hit a Major League Baseball.... > I doubt that I would wear $500-$750 shoes in a factory even if I did get them at a discount. In an another Alden related story. I just got back two pairs from restoration in a round trip of 6 weeks INCLUDING shipping. Not bad!
Did you take any before and after pictures??? Curious to see how it turned out and the shoes that you had restored.
I personally prefer Ravello with a lighter edge trim than darker. Great shots!!
I much prefer the light antique over the dark with Ravello (and Cigar and Whiskey), but that is my personal preference.
can anyone recommend a casual alden blucher
Sir, I highly recommend either the Brown CXL Dover or the Tan Suede Dover. As a LWB buff hard to not mention the Natural CXL LWB. http://leffot.com/alden-dover-tan-suede/ http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2014/02/20/alden-shoe-unlined-cxl-ptb-lsdt-lbh/ http://epauletnewyork.com/products/alden-for-epaulet-natural-chromexcel-longwing

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can you elaborate on "casual" and specify how you would wear them? Denim and chinos?

Denim, maybe occasionally under some dress slacks...

Those are rather cool. I don't think that I could pull them off. Plus I think I would get them super dirty quick.
I hope they lighten up for you, the Ravello LWBs I got from DC in the summer was the same shade and has already lightened up a little.
Those are nice, but the white laces are rather contrast-y...
I really love tan suede. These shoes are awesome!
Did you take any before and after pictures??? Curious to see how it turned out and the shoes that you had restored.
I much prefer the light antique over the dark with Ravello (and Cigar and Whiskey), but that is my personal preference.
Sir, I highly recommend either the Brown CXL Dover or the Tan Suede Dover. As a LWB buff hard to not mention the Natural CXL LWB.

http://leffot.com/alden-dover-tan-suede/

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2014/02/20/alden-shoe-unlined-cxl-ptb-lsdt-lbh/

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/alden-for-epaulet-natural-chromexcel-longwing

Ty I'll check those out

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to love the natty CXL LWB, but unsure how id pair it with an outfit.

Anyone have pics wearing them?

Or at least pics of them aged?

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
I was about to say this is the first thing you've said that I agree with . . . until I got to the part about how being blue-collar means you don't pay attention to details.
Exactly. If blue collar people didn't pay attention to detail, nothing would ever work, ever. Life would be meaningless.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but pretty sure some of the most storied bespoke shirt makers in England and Italy aren't necessarily the most fashion forward people. Likely due to the public facing quotient of their profession: holed up in a shop all day, not in the spotlight like a public figure.

Less arguing, more pics.

PSA: I'm looking for a LWB in Ravello, size 8D.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Is that a tapered leg?

I may hop on that Viberg derby MTO. Should age the same.

Do you find that you can wear the CXL shoe tighter than shell shoes?

Last edited:

seasquirrel

Reaction score

Avid reader and infrequent poster here on the thread. Definitely enjoy reading about and seeing the Alden's in your collections.

I wanted to share some pictures of my black alpine grain LWB that I received from Alden of Carmel yesterday. My Alden purchases have almost exclusively been shell so this pair of alpine grain is expanding my horizons a bit. I really like the pebble grain texture.

Looking good! I have an order in with AoC for the brown alpine LWB, so it's great to see its big brother out in the wild. I've been digging the alpine grain recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads