• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mfrege
Feet get smaller when one loses weight?
Not for everyone. And not smaller as in "shorter", but vamp, heel, and ankle can all get smaller, and for me it was enough to move down a size (especially with boots). In fact, it was probably the only downside of loosing weight. . .having to get rid of some really nice footwear. Of course now I get to rebuild my collection, so I can't complain.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Not for everyone. And not smaller as in "shorter", but vamp, heel, and ankle can all get smaller, and for me it was enough to move down a size (especially with boots). In fact, it was probably the only downside of loosing weight. . .having to get rid of some really nice footwear. Of course now I get to rebuild my collection, so I can't complain.

Mine actually got shorter...I think the lighter weight caused a lessening of the collapsing of my arch which, effectively, made my feet shorter when standing up. I've gone from an 11.5 to an 11 after loosing 90lbs...surprised the hell out of me. I can still wear a few of my 11.5s ok but some I had to get rid of. The 11s are definitely a better fit overall now.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
That's nice of them. I think $460-495 is where the current retail price should be for a crepe soled boot.

You would.

ElliottPapineau

Reaction score
15% off @ unionmadegoods.com [valet15]

coupon says it excludes Alden, but it actually still works.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ElliottPapineau
15% off @ unionmadegoods.com [valet15]

coupon says it excludes Alden, but it actually still works.

Seems like they closed that loophole already. No longer works.
frown.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i feel like they can easily just refund your money because the rules said it excluded alden. i cant imagine union being so big and busy that they dont notice your order^^

harrythedog

Reaction score
i know i may catch some flack for this, but there is something different about pulling a fast one on the guys at unionmade! then there is on say a big company like j.crew! a good group of guys, running a top notch men's store...if they wanted to offer a discount on their alden's they would have! to try and find a loop hole with them, uncool!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol yeah especially considering that union OBVIOUSLY checks the site and posting on here aint the smartest thing

the dude a few pages back is a rep for them

joz411no

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrythedog
i know i may catch some flack for this, but there is something different about pulling a fast one on the guys at unionmade! then there is on say a big company like j.crew! a good group of guys, running a top notch men's store...if they wanted to offer a discount on their alden's they would have! to try and find a loop hole with them, uncool!
I'm certainly not condoning "Getting over" on anyone, but I too share your sentiments. Huge companies are a great deal more likely to be able to absorb something of that nature. Besides, what percentage of sales would Aldens make up for J.Crew? I doubt if it comes anywhere close to that of Unionmade or our beloved Leather Soul.

ElliottPapineau

Reaction score
i did not order and did not intend to do so.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Alden shell longwings: cigar, ravello, whiskey, black & #8.

Wow, all you need is a #4 and you will have the ULTIMATE Alden shell longwing collection (without the #4 your collection is just ultimate)
smile.gif

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrythedog

Disagree totally. They are either both ok or not. Unionmade is in business, they aren't my friends. If I buy something from them they will profit from the transaction. Same is true over at J Crew.

If it is cool to grab an unintended discount for an item from one retailer then it is cool from the other. The size of the retailer, the location of the store, the fact that you like one retailer more than another - all irrelevant IMO.

I'm not suggesting that the behavior is appropriate in either situation but I do believe that you are making a moral distinction where none exists.

I'll be getting off my soap box now...

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Wow, all you need is a #4 and you will have the ULTIMATE Alden shell longwing collection (without the #4 your collection is just ultimate)
smile.gif

Thanks, not holding my breath to find the elusive #4 in an 8.5E longwing...will have to live with just having the ultimate collection for now, haha.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads