1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thank you dubsy!

2. breck81

breck81 Senior member

Will do RTP! They are exactly what I was looking for in a Spring/Summer shoe. First ballot;) And yeah they are lined.

3. ReppTiePrepster

1 person likes this.
  4. ReppTiePrepster

Color 8 Tassel mocs today...
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

CB is Curtis (I'm omitting the last name on purpose). He's been great to me! I've ordered 3 pairs of exotic shoes through them in the last year and he's always looked out for me. I've talked to one guy (hes there on weekends, I think) who is not the most pleasant - he seems older, but everyone else there is great and they will continue getting business for me. Agreed with the posted who commented on the handling of the situation with ravello. Great move on their part and I scored an extra pair out of it.

6. Don L

Don L Senior member

With RTP today - BB #8 Tassel

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. ReppTiePrepster

^^^ Looking good DonL ...another one of my inspirations!

8. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

I ordered my first ever Alden's from AOM and have always felt that they were a stand up shop.

The guys there have the tendency to be a little grumpy (As we all do [​IMG])

But, they are very down to earth guys. One of the better Alden shops around IMO.

Thanks.

9. Buddha25

Buddha25 Well-Known Member

So here is my dilemma. I just picked up a pair of Alden LWB from J Crew that have the Barrie last. Super comfortable shoe. I can't even put AE on my feet. They hurt the ball of my foot. The Alden's were comfortable right out of the box. I am not sure if I am crazy about the long wing design though. My question is does Alden make similar style shoes in different designs? I prefer wingtips over longings so I'm pretty open to new designs.

Suggestions would be appreciated!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  10. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Yes. There are short wing, plain toe, cap toe, and brogue versions of this style. I do not care for many styles that are popular among SF members, including long wings and most Indies. Everyone's preferences are different; you should get what you like. Glad you discovered Alden. Best of luck. Cheers.

11. Buddha25

Thanks, but does that come with Barrie Last as well? I checked on a few websites and I see different lasts for those designs.

12. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

My Friend. Those are a splendid specimen of Alden shoe making.

I would rock those big clunky and comfy gun boats till the soles fell off....and then send them back to Alden for restoration. [​IMG]

What don't you like about them? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Thanks.

13. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Alden SF has a Ravello chukka and a Whiskey PTB. Both in size 13E and both on the Barrie last.

14. Buddha25

Don't get me wrong, the shoe is great. But for me its a big investment and for some reason the longwings don't feel right. If I could have the exact same shoe in a different style then I'd rather go down that road.

15. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

Aberdeen

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

In my search for an all weather shoe - I am trying my luck on a pair of shoemart second Innsbruck. I'm not holding my breathe that they will be keepers - as I'd be amazed if they show up with only a minor flaw (given that I am picking up something that was on the March seconds list) - fingers crossed.

17. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I appreciate the big foot tips. I got my whiskey, ravello, and cigar chukkas in the stable already. I can only wear 13E in a narrow last like Aberdeen, or boots on Grant. I'm in pretty tight with Alden SF and DC...that's where I got a lot of rare make-ups in the early days of going wild buying Aldens.

It's pretty cool that Alden SF had cigar and whiskey NST shoes on Aberdeen 3 years ago, not sure when they were made. I also got a Cigar full strap NST slip on...never seen any of those on SF.

Steve

18. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

A great compromise is the NST shoe. Can be casual or dress and it's on barrie last from a few shops. I also like cap toes which are usually on the Grant last.

Steve

19. katch

katch Senior member

With RTP and Don L. Alden x BB King Tassels

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

Handcuffed,

Anything worthwhile 11.5-12 that you know of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.