Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinneus

Vinneus Senior member

Hey Stephen R, thanks for the kind words pal. socks are navy/khaki. and work just fine with the combo. Aldens are a sz 9.5. must have been the angle.

now, i was reviewing your past posts. you really havent contributed much at all in 70 posts, but lame jokes. so thanx! keep us all laughing bud!

2. Stephan R.

Stephan R. Well-Known Member

Hey Stephen R, thanks for the kind words pal. socks are navy/khaki. and work just fine wuth the combo. Aldens are a sz 9.5. must have been the angle. now, i was reviewing your past posts. you really havent contributed much at all in 70 posts, but lame ass jokes. so thanx! keep us all laughing bud!
    so you are the review guy, still love your socks, sincere! best regards

3. arrow

arrow Senior member

Jason...
    Can't wait to hit up the Unionmade x Alden Trunk show after work today.
    Be heading there with Peterock so get them champagne bubblies ready.

4. Vinneus

Vinneus Senior member

sup Arrow! stay warm [​IMG] tell Pete i said sup, and watch out for the "green sauce" ...he'll get it!

5. REguy

REguy Senior member

Doesn't get much better than this.

Courtesy of Leffot...

[​IMG]

6. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Yeah we definitely need more #8 shoes with natural soles, looks so much better than the black.

7. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Have to agree! I think the edge treatment on this is about 50% of the boots appeal, and that is why I ordered a pair. It is going to be easy to dress those up or down.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

the edge treatment is nice, I just wish the commando sole didn't make it look so workbooty

9. deltashell

deltashell Senior member

I agree, much more appealing for casual wear. Looks much more like cigar.

10. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a pair of Alden boots but can't decide which to shoot for. Boot will be worn with jeans and chinos. Will see some rain. I prefer #8, cigar and brown chromexcel.

Which boot/sole combo best fits my needs??

11. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I'm looking to get a pair of Alden boots but can't decide which to shoot for. Boot will be worn with jeans and chinos. Will see some rain. I prefer #8, cigar and brown chromexcel.

Which boot/sole combo best fits my needs??

Suggest you do what I did. Own zero Aldens, 90 days later own 11. Two non-shell Indy boots and a few PTB's, a loafer, a shortwing, and four shell boots. Oh the horror.

12. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Suggest you do what I did. Own zero Aldens, 90 days later own 11. Two non-shell Indy boots and a few PTB's, a loafer, a shortwing, and four shell boots. Oh the horror.
    Don't do this. Your tastes will change over time. Many first Aldens are Indys. The natural Chromexcel plain toe boot from Shoemart looks fantastic, too. Pics a few pages back. Or you could just get yourself a nice pair of shells for Xmas.

13. John_

John_ Active Member

14. Albatross

Albatross Member

I should have posted this in here instead of the J. Crew thread. But I'm a little worried the Indy's I purchased (and have been wearing) are a little too big. I'm always an 11.5, so I ordered the 11. My toe is under the stitching and I can slide my foot back and forth a little, is that normal, or did I mess up? It's not really that bad, I guess I just want them to fit tight because I hate shoes that slide on my feet at all.

15. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Don't do this. Your tastes will change over time.

Many first Aldens are Indys. The natural Chromexcel plain toe boot from Shoemart looks fantastic, too. Pics a few pages back.

Or you could just get yourself a nice pair of shells for Xmas.

Okay,my post was a bit tongue in cheek and I should have elaborated a bit.
    Yes, I have purchased shoes online that didn't work out. I have since sold on
    eBay and or traded on the B and S forum. I am happy with the shoes I currently have but if you have the chance to try the different lasts on, by all means do it prior to your first purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.