• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinneus

Reaction score
Hey Stephen R, thanks for the kind words pal. socks are navy/khaki. and work just fine with the combo. Aldens are a sz 9.5. must have been the angle.

now, i was reviewing your past posts. you really havent contributed much at all in 70 posts, but lame jokes. so thanx! keep us all laughing bud!

Stephan R.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vinneus
Hey Stephen R, thanks for the kind words pal. socks are navy/khaki. and work just fine wuth the combo. Aldens are a sz 9.5. must have been the angle. now, i was reviewing your past posts. you really havent contributed much at all in 70 posts, but lame ass jokes. so thanx! keep us all laughing bud!
so you are the review guy, still love your socks, sincere! best regards

arrow

Reaction score
Jason...
Can't wait to hit up the Unionmade x Alden Trunk show after work today.
Be heading there with Peterock so get them champagne bubblies ready.

Vinneus

Reaction score
sup Arrow! stay warm
wink.gif
tell Pete i said sup, and watch out for the "green sauce" ...he'll get it!

REguy

Reaction score
Doesn't get much better than this.

Courtesy of Leffot...

dsc0026d.jpg

phantomx48

Reaction score
Have to agree! I think the edge treatment on this is about 50% of the boots appeal, and that is why I ordered a pair. It is going to be easy to dress those up or down.

deltashell

Reaction score
I agree, much more appealing for casual wear. Looks much more like cigar.

afterglow

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of Alden boots but can't decide which to shoot for. Boot will be worn with jeans and chinos. Will see some rain. I prefer #8, cigar and brown chromexcel.

Which boot/sole combo best fits my needs??

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by afterglow
I'm looking to get a pair of Alden boots but can't decide which to shoot for. Boot will be worn with jeans and chinos. Will see some rain. I prefer #8, cigar and brown chromexcel.

Which boot/sole combo best fits my needs??

Suggest you do what I did. Own zero Aldens, 90 days later own 11. Two non-shell Indy boots and a few PTB's, a loafer, a shortwing, and four shell boots. Oh the horror.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Suggest you do what I did. Own zero Aldens, 90 days later own 11. Two non-shell Indy boots and a few PTB's, a loafer, a shortwing, and four shell boots. Oh the horror.
Don't do this. Your tastes will change over time. Many first Aldens are Indys. The natural Chromexcel plain toe boot from Shoemart looks fantastic, too. Pics a few pages back. Or you could just get yourself a nice pair of shells for Xmas.

Albatross

Reaction score
I should have posted this in here instead of the J. Crew thread. But I'm a little worried the Indy's I purchased (and have been wearing) are a little too big. I'm always an 11.5, so I ordered the 11. My toe is under the stitching and I can slide my foot back and forth a little, is that normal, or did I mess up? It's not really that bad, I guess I just want them to fit tight because I hate shoes that slide on my feet at all.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Don't do this. Your tastes will change over time.

Many first Aldens are Indys. The natural Chromexcel plain toe boot from Shoemart looks fantastic, too. Pics a few pages back.

Or you could just get yourself a nice pair of shells for Xmas.

Okay,my post was a bit tongue in cheek and I should have elaborated a bit.
Yes, I have purchased shoes online that didn't work out. I have since sold on
eBay and or traded on the B and S forum. I am happy with the shoes I currently have but if you have the chance to try the different lasts on, by all means do it prior to your first purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads