• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm down to just one pair of Cigar Aldens. At my highest point, I had PTB, LWB, NST, Indy and these.
Also considering parting with whiskey & Ravello PTB (gasp!)

HOT FIRE!
:slayer::slayer:
Your boots are so nice.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravello Wednesday here...

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In all seriousness though, I haven't noticed this thread evolving into something overtly contentious. I avoid the AE thread for that exact reason. However, I could certainly be oblivious to it here. Back to our favorite shoes... 2145s today (Color 8 Cap toe medallions)
You wear those well rtp. Great looking shoes. I'd hate to think the uncle Mac days on sf are behind us. I appreciate his style, and fully blame him for my shell addiction. His pictures got me into this mess.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the days of Uncle Mac are over...

Long Live Uncle Mike!

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Wow! From where? Not sure I've see this model, only a medallion bal in calfskin from TSM.
This is a standard Alden make-up that you can find at any of the Alden stores (DC, SF, and Madison). Mine are actually Alden for BB, but they are identical (same last - aberdeen).
Thanks...

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color is very interesting. I don't have anything in that shade. Very nice.
I actually had in hand a whiskey PTB in this exact shade about two years ago. I returned it because I was hoping for a darker shade. I now regret not hanging onto them!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello Wednesday here...

Looking good DonL! I was actually going to wear mine today also, but thought I hadn't given appropriate love to my medallion ctb in recent weeks. Enjoy often and in great health my friend...

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wear those well rtp. Great looking shoes.

I'd hate to think the uncle Mac days on sf are behind us. I appreciate his style, and fully blame him for my shell addiction. His pictures got me into this mess.
Much thanks DV. I hope to hear from Uncle Mac again also...

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on a Barrie lasted black shell Indy with antique edging and no speed hooks?
Sacafotos - I was thinkning the same thing. I'd take Barrie or TB. I think the leffot walter pre-order may have triggered the thought in my head. I'd like it on Commando with antique...maybe even natural

http://leffot.com/alden-x-leffot-walter-boot/

Guess no one has seen this makeup done. If i couldnt find a cigar with antique, i am warming up to black

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking like this:
http://instagram.com/p/kSlwSPoEZK/

Pretty sure the cobbler himself did that antique edging. Insane work, though I disagree with the choice of raw cord to compliment the shell. I will ask him to replace speed hooks if possible.

You can also try doing the antiquing yourself per the DIY post (see previous pages). Poster did a stellar job.

I may pick up black shell Indy on Barrie and NST color 8 on Barrie and do the antiquing myself. Striking detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads