• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good denim is not all that expensive. Purchasing $300 denim is not much different than spending $800 on boots or $700 for shirts. All conspicuous consumption.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Unionmade x Alden Color #8 Captoe boots? They're commando sole on Barrie, which I like. Any experience with Unionmade and their Aldens?

I think its an awesome boot, do wish it had the antique edging but for some reason that is not popular.

I have numerous styles from Unionmade. There styles are easy to acquire, decent priced and they have a relatively nice online site so you don't have to call. Call me crazy but making phone calls just inst my thing. This is the modern world and age of the internet.

I have talked to their new store though for 1 sale. Real nice guys working there who are willing to do just about anything to help you answer the questions and make the sale. Although, they are not real familiar with the Alden brand or at least at the new store they weren't. I don't mean that to be negative, I still would give all my experiences with them an A.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good denim is not all that expensive. Purchasing $300 denim is not much different than spending $800 on boots or $700 for shirts. All conspicuous consumption.

In a way I agree but in many I disagree.

You can wear the same pair of Alden's every day. You cant wear the same jeans everyday.
(Well I guess you could but I wouldn't recommend it if you like friends.)

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can wear the same pair of Alden's every day. You cant wear the same jeans everyday.

that comment couldnt be further from the truth when talking about quality denim
rotflmao.gif

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of the Unionmade x Alden Color #8 Captoe boots? They're commando sole on Barrie, which I like. Any experience with Unionmade and their Aldens?

Agree about the antique edging. Pretty sure that's almost a "Leffot" thing now.

I do prefer the pct of the j crew boot but like the commando sole more.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that comment couldnt be further from the truth when talking about quality denim
rotflmao.gif

I have plenty of quality pairs of jeans. Honestly it has turned into the majority of them folded in the closest unworn or alot sold on eBay.

I guess if you wear the same jeans everyday..... that we will have to agree to disagree on whether that is acceptable.

Once again thou all style is subjective. Certain groups of people think green mohawks are stylish. Not my thing, but I am not going to tell them its unacceptable or not stylish because to their group of friends it is.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are the cap toe boots without speed hooks? Alden Madison?

Keep an eye on Haberdash 4060 restocks as well (and like J Crew, occasional codes that apply to Alden). $500 for shell firsts feels more and more like a steal as many models creep over $700.

zennypoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the PSA thams, never saw them on Citishoes' site. Just ordered a pair.

D

PSA: I noticed this morning that Citishoes added #8 NST boots (Barrie) on commando to their inventory.  I thought someone was recently asking where to snag a pair.  Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I don't remember seeing them on their website the last time I checked.

dusttruffle

Reaction score
anyone know if denimbar stock "stock" 4065? or anyone else who occasionally do promo codes?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am on the exact opposite spectrum. 4-5 pairs of jeans is complete overstock for me. 4-5 pairs of shoes would not be nearly enough for me. I have plenty of pairs of denim that have been worn 5-6 days a week for over a year. While I probably could do that to a pair of shoes, I never would. That being said the life cycle of my $300 jeans is far less than my $700 shoes. However all of the same principles of how I value a shoe: quality of materials, craftsmanship, durability all apply equally to denim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads