1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

Thanks for suggestion Dillardiv,

I called up jcrew and they gave me a really nice discount. not sure if it's because I never buy anything from jcrew or if the customer service is just that good; maybe a bit of both... either way.. I am loving jcrew today!

2. mavrick465

mavrick465 Member

Just a follow up to some advice I asked for on whether to go with the Snuff LHS or the Tan a while back. I took the advice of everyone here and got the snuff because it would be a bit more versatile and loved them when they came in. The very next day I found the Tan LHS on Ebay in my size for $220 NIB and I couldn't resist so I ended up with both, much to the dismay of my wife! Really happy with the fit and color. Only problem is I am not sure I have a good belt to wear with the Tan... Anyone have recommendations for a belt for the Tan? I know the belt/shoe match is frowned upon here but I really do like to have both match if possible. Can't seem to find a suede belt in the right shade... Tried the Epaulet and a couple others so if anyone has a recommendation even if it is not matching I would really appreciate it, I am open to anything!

[​IMG]

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Take the Metro North Train out of Grand Central to South Norwalk and you can have them in your hands in an hour. But shipped, yeah, you should have them no problem.

4. JJGNYC

JJGNYC Member

While I watch the board very regularly, I rarely post (the quiet type I suppose), but I have to remark that these are the best looking pair I have seen yet. I have to get a pair of these for my very own! (I've acquired five pairs of Aldens since joining the board.)

5. mdubs

I prefer the Snuff over the Tan as I feel it is more versatile. I try and match my belts. Kathy has Tan Suede Alden Belts. Give her a call she wants to get rid of them and may give you a better deal.

6. mdubs

Thanks Gents!

7. mdubs

Hah! Wow, thanks! I try and take good care of them for the community. I wish these were available. I plan to make another pair out of a Ravello LWB and sending them to B. Nelson for the Brassvello conversion. :)

-Mike

8. SSgt93

SSgt93 Active Member

Absolutely gorgeous; stunning!

9. mdubs

10. newbiealden

On the subject of belts - anyone have a good option for matching reverse chamois tobacco? I think a similar color suede belt would be nice - but no like finding one!

11. mdubs

Ha! Not sure! But don't be too afraid to mix materials up somewhat. I wear my Navy Shell belt with my Navy Suedes and Chamois.

-Mike

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I just use my brown CXL Rancourt belt, actually wearing both today since it's raining here. Once the 3 foot rule applies it's close enough for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could maybe try the Torino medium brown suede, might not be enough red undertone though.

http://www.torinoleather.com/display.asp?id=760&sra=13

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    2 people like this.
  13. newbiealden

That tpri
    That Torino belt looks like it could work! Wonder if they have it with Brass color hardware .. Going to look through their site now.

14. loanshark

loanshark Senior member

15. Carson

Carson Senior member

I knew that wasn't going to go over well....

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

You are likely to be banned for selling outside of B&S section. Just a word to wise

17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

With really light suede colors I wear a belt that matches the welt and edge. May not be well-received here, but it works for me.

1 person likes this.
  18. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

19. mavrick465

mavrick465 Member

I hadn't even considered that but I really like the idea!

Ah, that is perfect, thanks for the tip, I will give Kathy call!

20. SSgt93

SSgt93 Active Member

Looks like the shoes should be to me Tuesday from TSM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.