• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justuhgeek

Reaction score
So apparently two pairs were made in 8D, and I'm #3. If one of you out there decides to pass, please let me know.

Why does this patience thing have to be so difficult? :brick:

neutrino

Reaction score
Just curious about 9.5D situation.

Simkin78

Reaction score
I spoke to DC yesterday, as I was #4 in line on the list for the Cigar Boot in 10D. They fulfilled the size order to 4 and mine are in route to me now. It's a shame the factory wasn't about to fulfill all order in all sizes.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too bad no commando soles on those. I'd scoop up a pair for a color 8 boot to accompany my color 8 Indy. Better choice than the WT I think. More versatile.

I may not get a call for the cigar CT boots, but if I do, this will be one expensive (birthday!) month. Eyeing the brandy shell service boot from Viberg set to drop in a couple of weeks. That might push $1100.

*sigh*

If you want a similar style with commando, check unionmade. No perforation and 360 welt (not 270) but on Barrie with commando. I'd buy if I didn't already have the JCrew.

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
If you want a similar style with commando, check unionmade. No perforation and 360 welt (not 270) but on Barrie with commando. I'd buy if I didn't already have the JCrew.
And if you like that, but prefer the grant last then Alden DC can help you out.

intensanity

Reaction score

Damn they have everything around but not my size.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my shipping confirmation on the cigars
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

who wants to buy a pair of natty NST crepe boots in 11.5C so that I can absorb some of this bill lol

circleslife

Reaction score
That boot is nice but you don't think it has weeeeeird stitching down the side?
You will love it once you get it, and wear it. Don't go by the pictures on their website. Jcrew captoe boots are gorgeous.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe I was number 1 on the 8.5d I put the preorder in so long ago I actually forgot about it until the recent traffic on the thread. Keep your heads up Alden neophytes put your names on as many preorders as possible, watch the market place and the bay and hope to get lucky.

Last edited:

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like this thread has been stuck in the movie Groundhog's Day over the last few days? I am far, in both demeanor and status, from a bitter Alden Thread OG, but you guys have to seriously try using the search feature, as people are hashing up stuff that has been discussed literally dozens, if not hundreds of times in this thread's history.

Sorry for party rocking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads