• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's because DC is one of the least stylish cities in America. You don't see NYC ladies running to the train in black hose and white sneakers do you?

I say this with love.  Lived in the District for more than 10 years and miss it terribly.  Hope to be back.
Huh, I must have missed this. I am from NYC but currently spend a lot of DC time. I find, at least in the central area, that a lot people are quite sharply dressed. I guess YMMV or perhaps I'm too clueless to realize I've been mistaken. Either way, most people, pretty much everywhere, are not taking much care in how they dress.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Wow, I had no idea there was such a hobby. Thanks for sharing, Burzan.

I know...I buy Old Spice so I can afford my shell habit

Haha, I look at the signed Kilian bottles now and think... "that could have been a pair of cigar cap toe boots"

Thankfully, like Alden shell, niche fragrances hold their retail value very well. Just in case I decide to let a few more things from the collection go.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, I look at the signed Kilian bottles now and think... "that could have been a pair of cigar cap toe boots" 

Thankfully, like Alden shell, niche fragrances hold their retail value very well. Just in case I decide to let a few more things from the collection go.

Agreed I have a few of the Tom Ford scents from Sax but that's about as much as I can spend on cologne.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daily driver is 1903 by J Peterman. Few scents sit as well as this on me, especially after a long day.

My special occasion or evening scent is Bois du Portugal by Creed (4 oz), my most expensive cologne purchase.

It actually got tiring for me to keep auditioning different scents. Glad I settled on those two.

I do like Floid Blue aftershave; very barbershop-y/old school.

mbaum

Reaction score
.. so I get the email notification and it begins with "My daily driver is a 1903 by J Peterman ..." and I go, wow, the Alden threat talks classic cars and that guy has a brass era classic that I have never heard off? Gotta check it out immediately.

And then I find out you are talking ... Cologne?
puzzled.gif

What a bummer ...
smile.gif
Let's talk old cars!

Mike

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My daily driver is 1903 by J Peterman. Few scents sit as well as this on me, especially after a long day.

My special occasion or evening scent is Bois du Portugal by Creed (4 oz), my most expensive cologne purchase.

It actually got tiring for me to keep auditioning different scents. Glad I settled on those two.

I do like Floid Blue aftershave; very barbershop-y/old school.

.. so I get the email notification and it begins with "My daily driver is a 1903 by J Peterman ..." and I go, wow, the Alden threat talks classic cars and that guy has a brass era classic that I have never heard off? Gotta check it out immediately.

And then I find out you are talking ... Cologne?
puzzled.gif

What a bummer ...
smile.gif
Let's talk old cars!

Mike

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My daily driver is 1903 by J Peterman. Few scents sit as well as this on me, especially after a long day. My special occasion or evening scent is Bois du Portugal by Creed (4 oz), my most expensive cologne purchase. It actually got tiring for me to keep auditioning different scents. Glad I settled on those two. I do like Floid Blue aftershave; very barbershop-y/old school.
Yea...none of that was english to me.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You most likely know it as Myanmar, but it will always be Burma to me.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! I saw a few posts about scents so I thought I'd join in.

Called Alden DC yesterday and spoke to Kathy. Sassy woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads