1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@halfnhalfnhalf oops sorry I meant I used the Angelus on shoes not the wallett.Yours looks great half

everytime I open my wallett I always think I want a shoe made in the reverse side of the shell. I got the one from mass drop so it has the separate card slots and is all done in the reverse side. It has a really nice feel to it like a chamois almost...I am sure it doesn't make sense but I do like it.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

My Alden collection is now pretty stable so I thought it was time for a family portrait:

[​IMG]

(top row, l to r) black shell tanker (SF), black trapper calf PT boot (TSM), king shell tanker (SF), Innsbruck (Epaulet), Taunton (Epaulet), natty CXL (North River Outfitter)

(bottom row, l to r) black shell monk (TSM), king shell George (TSM), king shell medallion CTB (SF), ravello chukka (DC?), cigar LWB (DC?), whiskey SW bal (DC)

(ravello and cigar were second-hand)

I'm also on the preorder for the king shell Alt Wien (Epaulet) but who knows when that will come through.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    3 people like this.
  4. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Great collection!

5. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Fantastic collection! Great variety of styles/leathers.

6. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

The stock waxed brown. They look lighter on the super dark green. Trubalance last for anyone looking them up on TSM (listed as Barrie).

7. jstancato

jstancato Senior member

So I bought a pair of J. Crew color 8 boots and they needed some TLC so I used the Mac method and some alden color 8 wax. Can I use Venetian shoe cream as well?

8. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Thats a fantastic collection of fine shoes you got there! Do you notice any difference in fit between the cxl indys and the king tanker as i believe SF lists them as TB? I have heard that shell doesn't give as much as cxl and was curious what you think.

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Its funny you say that because I tried these boots on when I was trying on Indys and they felt similar but the guy helping me said they were barrie. I also tried on some natty cxl WT boots and those felt different which I assume is due to them being on barrie

10. nikkiong

nikkiong Member

hi! to those who own the leffot barrie lasted tanker boots in color 8, how do u guys find its fit? I have heard that it fits snugger than normal barrie lasts, some have even went tts on it? Enquired leffot and they said there will likely be another run this year, hoping to snag a pair when that happens!

11. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Looks great half!! The king George boot really intrigues me. This is a very solid collection.

12. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

I have a pair - it seemed to fit like the aberdeen so went TTS. My hunch is that a few pairs were mis-lasted on Aberdeen instead of Barrie. Don't know if the tightness is an issue across the board. Just ask the leffot ppl (call/email) for sizing advice

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Not if you already applied wax. Wait till next time you need to condition.

Condition then wax.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

My shell Tankers fit like every other Barrie lasted shell and calf boot I own.

I highly doubt this is the case. I have both Barrie and Aberdeen(tts) lasted boots.

1 person likes this.
  15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

+1 on both counts.

16. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

It is officially Spring now, so time to get out the tan suede....still not sure on the fit for these so trying them out again at the office....helps make being here on a Sunday a little more tolerable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Really cool to see the King George. Kinda wish it was more popular around here. I can't say I've ever seen it on feet.

18. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Strongly considering send my stock 403 off to get some bling. I had never seen brass hardware on a non-commando stock Indy, but found these at Fransboone (of course). I had originally intended on having mine resoled on commando when the time comes, but I'm currently infatuated with the NeoCork sole. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: their boots do not have the white accent stitching around the opening. Only one of my boots has it haha.

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Beautiful spring day. J Crew shortwing bluchers in tan suede today...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

My Leffot tankers fit the same as every other barrie boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.