• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Vibergs and Color 8 Indys are the most expensive apparel I own. This addiction is recent and won't let up.

I need to learn to appreciate what I have and accept that there'll always be something else I will like that I don't have.

Fortunately, I'm not married and have some disposable income. For now.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like Alden cordovan better than what I have seen from Carmina. Also, it is easy to get Alden in E widths where Carmina and Vass don't appear to make many styles in wide fittings.

I'm not opposed to MTO. I have two MTO pair in calfskin from Edward Green and one on order from Gaziano in calfskin.

Vass MTOs through Epaulet offer wide fittings. I was able to order a narrow fitting on a group MTO order back in November of last year, those should be coming in soon.

My Vibergs and Color 8 Indys are the most expensive apparel I own. This addiction is recent and won't let up.

I need to learn to appreciate what I have and accept that there'll always be something else I will like that I don't have.

I'm married and I have more disposable income than when I was single. Someone to split the rent and utilities with :)

Last edited:

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

Welcome to styleforum, friend....

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone ever considers doing MTOs through other manufacturers rather than be put on an Alden waiting list that could take years (or in some cases never...remember the elusive Epaulet ravello Brixton)? Is it the Alden aesthetic? The drawn out anticipation? Let's face it, if you can afford to spend $700 on a pair of shoes, you can afford $1k through Vass, Carmina, etc. and get something of nicer quality.

And before someone says I'm wrong on the price of MTO Vass or Carmina, I was just ballparking.

I like Alden cordovan better than what I have seen from Carmina. Also, it is easy to get Alden in E widths where Carmina and Vass don't appear to make many styles in wide fittings.

I'm not opposed to MTO. I have two MTO pair in calfskin from Edward Green and one on order from Gaziano in calfskin.

I have shell from Alden and Carmina (and others). I prefer Alden shell over Carmina shell. Having owned a few models of Carmina shell, it is doubtful i would ever buy again. I do like the color of Carmina's Saddle shell though.

tampatravel

Reaction score
I will gladly pay you Thursday for a Cigar today!

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the looks I got when I walked into the DC store in ratty clothes and boat shoes to get a pair of LWBs was hilarious. only caught an employees focused attention was when I called out for kathy
rotflmao.gif

I typically spend the majority of my day behind computers programming and accounting. So unlike most here I wear suits for like weddings and funerals. Its not uncommon to see me in a pair of faded denim with holes and a pair of Aldens. I definitely get some strange looks as well until people realize I am serious about my shoes.
eh.gif

Who says you cant mix young clothing with traditional footwear? (sarcastic)

circleslife

Reaction score
I typically spend the majority of my day behind computers programming and accounting. So unlike most here I wear suits for like weddings and funerals. Its not uncommon to see me in a pair of faded denim with holes and a pair of Aldens. I definitely get some strange looks as well until people realize I am serious about my shoes.
eh.gif

Who says you cant mix young clothing with traditional footwear? (sarcastic)
I work with guys who pride themselves on spending NOT more than $200 a year on shoes. While they notice my Aldens and compliment me every now and then, most of them are indifferent and will probably be shocked if they heard the price tag on a good shell boot. I've noticed a good trend however. Girls do notice the Aldens, especially the LWB gunboats. You know what they're staring at when their gaze is at your feet and not at you.
smile.gif

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I work with guys who pride themselves on spending NOT more than $200 a year on shoes. While they notice my Aldens and compliment me every now and then, most of them are indifferent and will probably be shocked if they heard the price tag on a good shell boot. I've noticed a good trend however. Girls do notice the Aldens, especially the LWB gunboats. You know what they're staring at when their gaze is at your feet and not at you. :)  

Yes! All of my LWB compliments have been from the ladies. Then again, not sure how I would feel complimenting another dude on his shoes (in real life).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads