1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

With chrmxl I think I need a C width when compared to Barrie sizing. My Barrie size is slightly roomy, so I think I might also be able to go done a half size also. ie... Barrie 10d, trubalance 9.5d. I've never actually tried it but I think it would work. My 403 is pretty loose but very comfortable with thicker socks.

1 person likes this.
  2. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Springtime in New Orleans:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    5 people like this.
  3. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets. A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too big.

My preference are the Indy's but there are a couple of boots on ebay that I like almost as much, with both auctions ending in a few days. So my question is simply does anyone know whether the boots are on Trubalance or Barrie? Unfortunately the jcrew SA doesn't know and the description doesn't say.

Here's a link to the boots.......

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...1&Ntrm=alden&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DARK BURGUNDY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4

They had taken it down but apparently they got a few larger sizes available. As always, any input is appreciated.

4. epc2

epc2 Senior member

They look TB to me.

5. Carson

Carson Senior member

LOL, you're probably checking out my Ebay auctions -- the 9D PCT boots and tankers??

J Crew Indy's are invariably TB… TB is the default Indy last…

6. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:The default last would be TB i'm pretty sure. Thats definitely what the picture would lead me to believe as well. TB is a bit more roomy but I do the same size as Barrie. I canceled my order so thats why an 11 is available. Not sure why the link went active again either. I picked up some goodies from AoSD so needed to free up some funds. Sadly cheap shell had to go. But I'll have a pair on the Plaza last this year hopefully to make up for it.

7. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I've never heard of indy's on Barrie, but you never know. Many have observed that the Jcrew shoes on Barrie tend to fit a little tighter vs standard Alden Barrie. For what it is worth, I ordered my Trubalance size on these.

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Needsupply had natty CXL Indy boots on the Barrie last year but it's pretty uncommon. Too bad.

Pretty sure every Indy jcrew has ever offered is TB and those look like no exception.

9. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

I'm a 9.5C on TB and the fit is perfect. Same size in Barrie shoe, not sure for boots though but I'd imagine the same.

10. afripix

afripix New Member

11. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

12. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

I'm a 9.5eee on the TB... Has anyone seen any aldens of that size available? Ive seen them in the brown Chromexcel indy but that's it. I have a few pairs ordered from TSM that will be here in 6-12 months!! Ugg

13. Carson

Carson Senior member

A 9.5EE Cigar Shell Indy just sold on Ebay last week for under $500…that was a surprise.

14. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

I didn't see those... I saw a whiskey pair go for 465. I was shocked as well. If I had seen the cigar I would have jumped on them! I'll
    Just have to keep my eyes peeled!

15. Carson

Carson Senior member

really on the whiskey?? What model and size was that one??

16. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

They were 9.5eee whiskey Indys. They had a noticable color difference from one shoe
    To the next. But I'm still annoyed I didn't just buy them. They had a leather soul which I didn't care for. I need a comando
    Or neocork

1 person likes this.
  17. epc2

epc2 Senior member

If you're looking at the unlined version in black shell call Alden DC .

18. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

LS alpine grain boots...[​IMG]

19. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

So how's everyone sizing Copley loafers these days to other lasts?

Got an 11D (my Barrie size) coming from Haberdash since they allowed the 25% with the alden sale price on the Chamoise loafers. Great deal just never tried Copley. And no 11.5.

20. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I think that might work for you.....I picked up a TTS version in natural CXL and had to sell them because they were a touch big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.